Thursday 23 February 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Platinum Pink

Good morning everyone :) hope you're having a lush day!

I was suuuuuuuuuuuuper excited when I went shopping the other day to Swindon's McArthur Glen designer outlet and raided the Cosmetics Company store.

I found a few goodies that I'll be using and reviewing over the next week or so.



First up is Bobbi Brown's Limited Edition Shimmer Brick in Platinum Pink

According to the sign it was originally £65 and was down to £21, I'm assuming this was for Valentine's day as that's when I picked it up.
I'm not too sure on whether it was £65 or not, but the normal shimmer brick retails at £30.50, paying £21 for a limited edition one is fine by me!

I've never bought or tried a Bobbi Brown product before so I was looking forward to using it as I've heard such good reviews about all of their products, and what's not to like about pink shimmery make up product?!


I love that the packaging is classically black and white, and then you turn it over and there's a really clear picture of the product and the colours on the other side


The silver packaging of the actual product is beautiful, really plain but again, classic and sleek.

I love that the casing's texture changes from plain to mottled, simple but effective!


The casing opens up to an absolutely beautiful shimmer brick which is so finely milled it barely shows up on the skin as a shimmer, and produces a sheen.

If you can't already tell I'm absolutely in LOVE with this product!

The 5 colours can be used as eye shadows allegedly, which I haven't tried and to be honest I probably won't as I didn't buy it for that purpose.


It can also be used as a highlighter which is more what I bought it for, mostly for nights out but I've also found myself wearing it in the day!

The colours are naturally light and the shimmer isn't glittery so it gives a dewy effect on the skin and the appearance of a natural glow. 

I can barely notice it on my skin but it definitely produces the desired effect!

I'd probably try using just the silver as an eye shadow, or maybe as a highlighter on it's own, but not the other colours.


As you can see, even thought there's a different colour on each finger and my thumb, the difference between them isn't massive. 
This probably helps with the blending of the colours and as of yet I have had no problems with the colours separating.

Do you own any Bobbi Brown products?? Which ones would you recommend to me?
I'm so excited to try out some new ones, though maybe I should wait for my birthday when I'll hopefully get some money!

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig