Saturday 4 February 2012

Everyday Favourites

Good Saturday morning to you all!
Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. I thought it was about time I did a post on my every day uses!

I am currently going through the usual January spring clean, trying to use up old things and bottles with tiny amounts left in them so my make up box for every day stuff looks a little like this at the moment....(eek!)



As things have all been thrown in, I apologise if they look a little covered in make up, I'm always rushing in the morning and tend to spill things!

So starting at the beginning these are the primers I'm currently switching between:


The Rimmel one I use mostly, it's not the best one I've ever used but for the price I'm happy with using it for going to Uni.
The Avon one I tend to use on weekends or going out for food, cinema etc in the evenings, it works better than the Rimmel one and is more expensive so keep it for better outings than lectures!

My favourite (and naturally most expensive!) is the Loreal Studio Secrets Professional. I bought this on a whim, and although expensive and in a pot, which I don't normally like due to having nails, I really like it! Used it like crazy when I first had it, but now save it for Saturday nights out, as it lasts the longest and feels lush on your skin!


My foundation choices aren't really groundbreaking! I usually tend to stick to high street brands such as Rimmel and Maybelline. 



My current favourite is 25 Hours as I really need one that lasts me a long time, running around campus all day! I also have Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid that I like a lot, just doesn't quite last the day unfortunately, though I love the finish.

I also have an array of blushers, I like the dewy look from Benetint (the stupidly scratched bottle...) and the No7 blush stick (post coming soon!) but find that powders have more durability for longer days.


I usually stick to pinks as my skin is fairly pale and with my dark hair I can look really washed out otherwise. 
MAC Dolly Mixture is a favourite of mine, scary looking in the palette but comes out nowhere near as bright!

I'm big on brows at the moment, isn't everyone?! 
Mine are black, and against my skin you can see where there are gaps and can definitely see how naturally uneven they are!



I've recently invested in the Sleek brow kit and absolutely love it! I use it mostly for when I go out on evenings and weekends to give my eyes more definition. 
I really do think its true when they say your brows frame your face!

My current favourite mascara is the No7 Lash Adapt.
I love that you can add more layers without clumping or flaking, and it really makes my lashes look longer. 



I'm lucky to have really long eyelashes naturally, they're also really thick too which is good, but means that because they're straight they are IMPOSSIBLE to curl. 
This mascara seems to help curl them slightly too, which I don't think it was supposed to but it works for me!

I'm very much an eyeliner girl, can't go a day without having some sort of dark shade around the edges of my eyes!
I have been a fan of Benefit's BadGal eyeliner pencil in the past and recently rediscovered it in a make up bag, so I'm hoping to get back into it.



In it's place I've been using the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner to give myself a flick at the end which I absolutely love!
Also on my eyes I like having a little shimmer every now and then. I had this L'oreal Color Infallible eyshadow free with a purchase and it's a gorgeous shade, think it's called Goldmine. It's a champagne gold colour and would go with almost any skin tone!

Then I finish my look with powder to make it last as long as possible.


MAC Studio Fix is my all time ultimate favourite! Worth every penny and I'd take some serious persuading to get away from it!
However when money is tight (and it always is!) I go for something from Rimmel. Currently finishing off the Clear Complexion powder that I got a few months ago, but also the Match Perfection one isn't bad either!
I do quite like Rimmel haha!

What do you wear for your everyday face?
I try to go for the natural look with a slightly smoky eye...but this tends to require quite a lot of make up!

Hope you enjoyed reading :)

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig