Saturday 3 March 2012

Beauty Rehab: The First Step is Admitting You Have a Problem

I've been reading a lot of posts the past few weeks about using things up, giving yourself a spending ban and making do with what you've got until the final debts from Christmas are finally paid off.

Part of me wanted to join you, post every week/month what I'd managed to use up and take a picture of my 'empties' before I threw them into the recycling.

Unfortunately I am 100% a product junkie, beauty obsessed and a complete hoarder of everything 'just in case'.
I've been like it all my life and can't help myself, but now I'm jobless and skint, but don't want to let go of my passion for cosmetics and shopping.


So I decided it's time to start using up the backlog of products and NOT buy any new ones, even if they are a minuscule couple of pound, or the 'next one hit wonder', or could 'change my life'.

(I'm such a sucker for adverts and peer pressure!)
Also my family know exactly what I'm like, and have bought me tonnes of products, they genuinely make me happy.

I decided in order for me to face the reality of my hoarding and obsessive nature, I'd take photos of all my drawers of make up and post them online for the world to see.... to mock me....(no bullying please!)..... so that I might, just maybe, make a dent in all of the products I own.

So here goes, welcome to my collection...

First up is my make up box that I keep on my desk:


It has everything you could possibly imagine in it, foundations (12 at last count...) powders, blushers, bronzers, highlighters, mascaras, primers, eyeshadows, liners, concealers, brushes and just about everything else. This picture was taken at the end of January, so also won't have anything new in it, like the Rimmel wake me up foundation, 17 foundation, lipsticks, blushers, and powders I've bought....Ahem.

This is the box that I hold the rest of my eyeshadows in:


A pretty decent collection of Mac, Loreal and various other brands from high to low end.

I'm lucky enough to have a massive desk with really big drawers in......................of course I had to fill them.

Drawer No.1:

This has mostly miscellaneous things in, make up, suncream, cosmetic pads, miniatures of some products like batiste. The main point here is that the drawer is crammed full and I have near enough no idea what's in it. Yikes.

Drawer No.2:


This one contains mainly hair products and body moisturisers. It also houses my massive cans of hairspray and batiste which I removed to take the photo as they sit on top.

I keep most of my perfumes here too so they don't discolour and change smell.

Drawer No.3:

This one contains a benefit shower cap, FCUK flip flops supposed to be used for painting your toenails (never opened..) and generally my extensive range of fake tan, body highlighters, baby oil and any other similar kind of item that you can think of for making your skin look delish on a night out!

My nail varnishes were kept in the big mosaic type box that belonged to a family member....until they overflowed and I had to find another!

I think I'm going to use my JolieBox boxes to keep them in from now on because I'm losing track of what is where!

Think I have quite a lot so far?? 

I'm not finished though...

This baby is the piece de resistance!

(My room is mostly white and has a few 'travelling' type things in it like this box for decoration, I love it!)


It also has great functionality to hold all of the products that I just couldn't face using yet. Until that number exploded and there wasn't much choice but to put them in there ha!

I feel like when I open it, a light glows from behind and music plays like in a cheesy film. It's like a little bit of heaven!


Say hello to Tigi, Burt's Bees, St Tropez, St Moriz, Kerastase, Philosophy, Soap and Glory, Molton Brown, Ojon, Avon, Dove, Dr Nick Lowe...the list could probably go on a bit more.

I originally put them in the box so that I'd use up the products that were almost empty first before starting new ones


But then the number expanded so fast over Christmas that I have no idea what happened! 

So in the end I put every product that was new or expensive in the box and I am trying my best not to open it until I've used the products that are already out in the drawers.


So now you see the reason why I can't take pictures of my 'empties' each month, because I'd be there for years!

It's time for me to go to BEAUTY REHAB!!!

I haven't even included my skincare products because I posted about them not so long ago (the No7 range)

Do you think I should try and do an empties post anyway??
Does your room look like this too?

And also the biggest ask, help me use them up?! I need a constant reminder that I don't need to buy anything new because I have another version at home, and I definitely need to make better use of all the space they're taking up!

Hope you enjoyed nosing into my collection, I love other people's posts like this, let me know what you think!

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig