Wednesday 15 February 2012

Babyliss Thermo Ceramic Rollers 3035bu

I've been wanting heated rollers for so long now. I love curly hair and these just seemed to be an easier way to achieve it, so when my mum kindly handed me her boots card with £30.00 on in points I knew what I would be rushing to buy.


These didn't disapoint, as soon as I got home I had to test them out. There are 20  rollers in this set and they come in three different sizes small, medium and large. They have a sort of velvet coating on them so your hair comes out smooth and not frizzy as with velco rollers. Also unlike others I have seen reviews on you can handle these without burning your fingers. 




They come with two different types of clips which I like. Some people don't like this about these rollers as I know a lot of people prefer the plastic clips and it does only come with ten of these so if you use all the rollers you'll need the metal pins too. Personally I find it best to use the plastic clips on the bottom layers and the metal pins for the top few layers and I found the plastic clips left marks in my hair when used on the top layers. The metal pins are easy to use and are colour coded for the different rollers. The plastic clips are also a little flimsy so having the metal ones for back up seems a good idea. The only thing I'd like is a little pull out draw or something built into the unit to store the pins as I can see them getting lost easily.

Different types of clips

The great thing about these rollers I've found so far is you get a different look each time you use them. Depending on how you position the different sizes. I tend to do a layer of large at the bottom to give lots of volume, then use a combination of medium and large for the next layer with small around the edge of my face. Then for the final layer small and medium with a big one on the crown of my head. I find I surprisingly I have time to put them in in the mornings. They heat up in 5 minutes (one of the rollers has a indicator on to show you when they are ready) and you can pick different heat settings. I pop them on before my shower then put them in and leave them in while I do my make up and cup of tea. Then gently remove the roller by rolling it down the hair and twisting the hair around your finger just to hold the curl. When you first put them all in you can feel how hot they are, I like to leave them in for at least 20 minutes, ideally 30 minutes but you can feel when they have cooled down.



And for the results

Check out the volume you get from the big roller

Very pretty curl from the medium roller

Just after they were removed and had a gentle brush

By the time I'd arrived at work I'd been rather windswept and the finish result was this.


I don't think the photo does justice to how pretty it looked in real life. This look was soft waves. When I used them again a few days later it was more volume and less curl. I think it all depends what rollers you put where. Overall I am very pleased with them and so glad I bought them, they are quick and easy to use. My only downside is that the look only lasts one day, I always like that with my curling wand my curls stay and look nice for 3 days.

Whooah that was a long review. What do you think of the results? Do you have heated rollers?

Love M

xxx

I will be also reviewing the 30day shred next month but it will probably be about another 
25 days as I naughtily took 3 days off this week, I've just been too busy and tired. I'm loving it so far though and had lost weight from the first 6 days doing it.
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig