Friday 10 February 2012

NOTD

Had a few hours to spare this evening so I thought I'd give my new glitter nail varnish a whirl!

I got myself comfy in my pj's with a hot chocolate and season 1 of Secret Diary of a Call Girl (which I have never seen before but I love it!)

Have been rummaging through my old nail varnishes again and came across Nails Inc's Charlotte Street




 It's a really nice pale grey colour but I always found it a bit boring to be honest. As I had decided I was going to try out my new silver glitter I thought it would be a perfect choice to go with it.

I bought the Saffron silver glitter from eBay, you can find it here, only £2.18 and free postage!
(I bought the gold one too...hehe!)

I was so excited when I found it because it has glitter and also larger hexagonal shaped pieces too, which I think look amazing on!

I painted my base coat on, then 2 coats of Charlotte St, 1 coat of Orly glitter and then loaded the Saffron glitter onto the tips of the nails to create a cascade effect
(this is my absolute favourite way of wearing glitter!)

 And the result was the above photo!

I like it for a change, and I am definitely warming up to the cool grey colour a lot more than before :)

The glitter looks really good but unfortunately it's really sticky and doesn't seem to dry very fast. After applying the top coat which dries in 30 seconds it did improve but maybe this should be left to the days when you have extra time to wait around.

What do you think of the grey colour? And the glitter?


L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig