Sunday 12 February 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

On a recent trip to boots together seeing a new foundation was out we both had to grab it and try. 




We both love Rimmel recover foundation so were excited to try a new one by them.  Wake me up foundation claims to be their first foundation that visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and flawless natural looking finish. It contains peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex. (the blurb from the back of the bottle)




I picked up the foundation in shade 103 true ivory, normally I'd go for ivory but they had run out. The first thing I notice about this foundation is it smells nice, odd I know it has a fresh scent like my  morning moisturiser. It has a nice liquid consitancy, not to runny. It also contains SPF 15 always a bonus with us. Got to protect skin even in the winter. We are both hoping that protection and early preventative measures leave us wrinkle free for as long as possible. The peptide formulation claims it helps to improve skins elasticity to 'wake you up' and make your skin feel awake. 

This foundation gives a great I'd say medium coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin, it blends and sinks into my skin well. I find it lasts in work but if I was going out after work I would need a touch up. For an everyday foundation I love it and would repurchase. At the moment it has £3 off in boots and is a bargain £5.99. 

Love M 

xxx


I absolutely love Rimmel foundations, you can't go wrong for the price and they normally (as far as I've tried) do what they say.
This foundation is no exception!

I love the consistency, runny enough to blend but thick enough to stay on your face long enough to last the day.
I find that mine does go a bit shiny around my nose throughout the day but this is nothing that a bit of powder on my afternoon break can't fix.

It gives quite good coverage considering how light it feels on the skin and I feel like my skin does have a bit of a 'glow' about it that some other foundations don't give me, I'm assuming this is the 'visible reawakening and illumination' of my skin.

I am also impressed that some high street foundations are including SPF15 in their products as I think it's really important to protect your skin for as long as possible!

All in all, a completely amazing foundation that won't break the bank and will leave with a warm glow inside as well as on your face ;)

(haaaa cheesy!)

I would definitely recommend you purchase this, and do it now whilst it has £3 off!!

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig