Saturday 31 January 2015

MAC Brule Eyeshadow


Good morning!

I'm really excited to show you my latest Mac purchase, its been a while since I've picked anything up from Mac so it was a pretty random purchase when I bought the Brulé eye-shadow. I've been building up my palette extremely slowly; I think this year it's definitely going to be a challenge for me to buy a few more shades and build up a palette that I can take anywhere. 


001

Brulé is described as a soft creamy beige, its another nudey colour that so many people rave over. I absolutely love the eye shadows in the urban decay naked basics palette but I've been using Venus - a shimmery white satin colour - a lot more than the other colours so I know I need a similar colour in my Mac palette too so that I have one in every palette!

002

004

You can see the colour with flash above and without flash below. To give Mac their credit this is a really smooth and blendable colour, I use it to cover my whole eyelid and create a good base before adding any further colours for definition. Their eyeshadows are a well respected area of their product range but they really are good and the colour range cannot be competed with.
However this isn't the colour that I thought it would be, it blends perfectly with my skin tone which is surprising as it's so light but just goes to show how pale I really am.

005

You can see Brulé in my palette below, it fills a gap of a matte light nude colour and I know it will be used a lot I'm just surprised it didn't turn out lighter than it did. It seems my skin tone is even lighter than I thought so I will really need a white ish colour to use as a highlight for the inner corners of my eyes! If anyone has any suggestions of a colour that fits this description please let me know, I have a Debenhams beauty card with £10 on it that is now burning a hole in my pocket!

023

So here is Brule applied evenly all over my eyelid:

Untitled

You can see it blends perfectly and creates an even base for any other eyeshadows to be applied on top.

The photo below shows All That Glitters and Sable applied to give my eye a bit more contour; this was for work so I've gone for a lighter look than usual!


2015-01-25 10.19.39


I really like this colour and think it fills in a gap in my palette perfectly. It wasn't the colour that i thought it would be on my skin but actually that's ok, it will definitely get used for most eye make up looks. It just means I will need to keep searching for another....

What do you think of Brule? Do you have a MAC palette like this? Do you have any suggestions for the next addition to my palette - preferably a light shimmery off white?


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig