Monday 23 September 2013

Review: Mac Naked Lunch

I've been meaning to write about this eye shadow for ages. I actually picked it up at the end of March when L and I went to have our make up done in Mac. Ever since I hit pan on bootycall in my Naked 2 palette I've been looking for a replacement for it.

Untitled

Bootycall is the perfect colour to just sweep over the lid for lazy day make up and adds a gorgeous shimmer, it's one I used a lot so decided to see if Mac had a good colour I could use instead. I've heard lots of people talk about Naked lunch and without mentioning to the MUA I was looking for a new nude colour when she was creating my make up look Naked Lunch was one of the shadows she used.

Untitled

Naked Lunch is my second Mac shadow, I also own Cranberry which I love and use a lot! (see make up looks with cranberry and naked lunch here). I love both the mac shadows I've got and I'm definitely going to build up to having a palette one day.

Untitled

At the moment I'm buying my shadows in pot form, if you have a palette they can be bought in pan form and you save yourself a few pounds. The shadows are in sturdy black casing with a secure click down lid!

Untitled

Mac describes Naked Lunch as a minimal pink with shimmer. I find it to be almost on the peachy tone of the nudes. It does have a subtle shimmer but the eye shadow is still fine milled and easy to blend.

Untitled

It is well pigmented and applies easily with minimal fall out. It is great to just brighten up the eye for an easy everyday look or can be used as a brow highlight or inner corner highlight.

022

This was my make up when we when out for L's birthday. The MUA used it as a base for a smoke eye and then under the eye a little to brighten it up.

Untitled

Here this is how I use Naked Lunch the most. My easy everyday look is a slightly shimmery nude eyeshadow with a mid tone matte brown blended through the crease. I love the shade the Naked Lunch is and think it's a good replacement for Bootycall.

Have you tried Naked Lunch? Have you had to replace single shadows from a much loved palette?

Love M

xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig