Monday 9 September 2013

FOTD featuring Illamasqua Pigment in Fervent

It's been a while since I've done a face of the day. I love playing with make up but lately I've been being lazy as being busier later in the evenings mean I just want my bed in the mornings.

Untitled

When searching through my stash I found my illamasqua pigment that I haven't used much so decided to play around.

Untitled

I applied my Avon eyelid primer all over my lid and started with a matte base using Foxy from Naked 2.

Untitled

I then blended Tease (again from Naked 2) into my crease. This is my favourite crease colour. I love it for easy make up and use it most days. It's the perfect neutral matte brown.

Untitled

I decided to use the pigment as a liner. This can be done in a few ways. You can either wet your brush to dampen the pigment. What I did was use something I got in the front cover sets (the ones in boots at christmas time) which is like a clear liquid that makes any colour eyeshadow a liquid liner.

Untitled

I decided to pack the pigment on so you could really see all the colours. I love how it's reddy toned with some green tones depending on the light.

Untitled

This is the first pigment I have got from illamasqua and I love it and want more. I love how they can be used in different ways and look different depending on how you apply them.

Untitled

Here you can see the difference in colour depending on where you pack the pigment or blend it out. I really love the colour when it's packed on.

Untitled

As it's a pigment it does get messy so I also do my eyes before foundation if I'm losing a loose pigment as it's much easier.

Untitled

I used a coat of They're Real as I didn't want to use false lashes as I think they would be hard to blend with a coloured liner.

Untitled

I used my studio fix fluid foundation. I don't really love this but I think it's more due to a the fact mine seems very yellow even though it's NW15 :(. I've been trying to use up an old mouse blusher. It's ok just not a colour I'd use any more and as always I used my Liz Earle bronzer.

Untitled

I decided on Mac Plumful on the lips as it's a soft pink. I love this colour, especially now it's getting colder. I think it's a winter pink.

Untitled

I really like how you can just see the glitter through the lashes and think it makes a change to the normal black liner.

Untitled

Lately I've been getting back into using my Benefit Erase Paste. It is my favourite under eye concealer. It's so thick and just disguises those dark circles and lasts all day.

Untitled

I think I need to get back into using different eye shadows for liners and using my make up more. It's so easy to get stuck in a make up rut!

Do you switch up your make up? I love finding that product I forgot about.

Love M

xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig