Wednesday 23 May 2012

NOTD Tattoo Nails

After reading the brilliant lips so facto blog and seeing a NOTD she did of tattoo nails I knew it was one I'd be doing. I immediately started searching eBay for temporary tattoos to do it.



For this you will need

  • Temporary Tattoos (I got some of mine from this seller)
  • Good top coat
  • Cotton wool and water
  • A base coat colour ( I personally love this look with nude but I'm sure it would work with different colours depending on your tattoos you pick)
  • Scissors
  • Scrap Paper
Start by painting your nails with your base coat colour of choice. I used to coats of No7 so simple. Once nails are dry use the scrap paper to get a rough shape of nails and draw around them. (I use these as stencils to cut out from the tattoo sheet so you can pick the section of the tattoo you life easier)



Once you've draw around your nail shape cut it out (this doesn't have to be too accurate) Then place over the bit of tattoo you've chosen for that nail and cut.


Remove the clear plastic and place the tattoo over the nail. Soak some cotton wool in water and press onto the backing paper onto the nail. Leave for around 30 seconds until the backing paper comes away.


Repeat this on all the nails. if any peels up just press it down. Then put on a good few coats of top coat of the transfer will come off quickly.



Mine have a few marks on them wear I pulled the backing paper away to early but I'd know not to do this next time. This is a different alternative to nail wraps and a great nail art for beginners.

What do you think of this look?

Love M 

xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig