Monday 25 June 2012

Lipstick Monday's Maybelline Super Stay 24 Colour 510 Red Passion

From the last few weeks you'll all know by now my recent love for Maybelline lip products. Today's lip on is a little hit and miss with me. Sometimes I love it and it's amazing sometimes it bugs me.

Apologies for some photo's being sideways, having some issues with my camera at the moment and can't edit them properly. Prepare for lots of mouth photos ;)

]



I have this in two shades. I haven't really used the other one much yet. It's 195 if you were wondering. First things first. I hate the balm that comes with this. As a balm it's nice but it seems like they just thought this can be drying stick a balm on the end and didn't test it. When applied over the lip tint the product seems to crumble off straight away and look awful. What's the point in the balm if it makes the '24' hour product come off. 


When the lip tint is applied it's a gorgeous bright cherry red (my boyfriend who lately hates my lipstick range,  I like bright and dark colours said how nice this looked on me over dinner) I applied this at 9.30am. 


You have to apply this very carefully or you can end up with odd shaped lips. As I did wearing this today. This is an odd product. Not a lip tint like the felt pens, more a gloss texture and is applied with a lip gloss type brush. Importantly I find is to apply it and let it dry before rubbing lips together. I then apply a second coat and let that dry. This is a dry feeling on your lips and takes some getting used to. But for lasting power I accept a bit of a dry feeling.


After two hours and a few cups of tea.


After 6 hours wear, as you can see it wears off from the centre of the lips after eating and drinking but still a lot on the lips.


 I did find today that applying my Maybelline colour sensation pop stick blended the colour back and gave me another 2 hours wear. It was still on my lips at 6.45 when my boyfriend complemented me on my lipstick colour so that's an impressive 10 hours wear. After dinner it had gone to more like a subtle lip tint. I then used baby oil to remove it from the corners of my lips as it can leave a lip liner effect and oil based make up remover is best for removing this product.

I love this product for it's very impressive wear time. But the fact the balm doesn't work with the product and the drying it feels on the lips it's hard to really love it. It costs 8.99 but can usually be bought on 3 for 2. It's available in a wide range of colours in Boots and Superdrug beware the swatched online don't really match what the colours look like. Would I repurchase?? I think to be honest I'd rather find a lipstick this shade and have to reapply it, but I will continue to use up this product and it's great for nights out with a slick of lipgloss.

Have you tried this product?? What do you think of it?? This is definitely a love hate one for me.

Love M

xxxx








SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig