Friday 8 June 2012

NOTD: Max Factor Pretty in Pink

A while ago I bought 3 nail polishes from Max Factor as part of Boots endless 3 for 2 deals which we of course absolutely love!

I've already blogged about Fantasy Fire and Silver, now the final one is Pretty in Pink:


I saw this colour and instantly hoped it would replace my beloved Antique Coral from Natural Collection.

I think it's the first nail polish I've actually thrown out because I'd finished it, and the colour was perfect for so many occasions.


I did think that it would be a better formula and a longer lasting colour, as the Natural Collection one needed a good few coats and the colour did seem to fade after a little while.
As well as that, Natural Collection products are among the cheapest of high street brands, and Max Factor is rated much higher on the scale.

However I was sadly mistaken and quite frankly, without being rude this nail polish was shockingly bad.


The colour was streaky, changed shades after a few hours and regardless of top coats used chipped off so easily that even in these photos they're chipped and they were taken on the day I'd painted them!


You can see the chip on my index finger on the photo above and below, and I was so disappointed as I was so pleased with Fantasy Fire and Silver that this one was world's apart.


I'm almost tempted to believe that the one I bought was from a bad batch that maybe didn't work out right, or the chemicals got separated!



In some photos the nails look really good, but I promise you they were so streaky and even after 3/4 coats it made no difference.



I was so disappointed with this and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, M was tempted as the colour was so nice but I made her buy another one instead! I honestly thought it was awful and do not expect this from Max Factor at all.

Also, I know this is being picky, but the shade is clearly an orangey, peachy coral type shade...why call it Pretty in Pink?!

Bit of a negative post for today I suppose but at least I should be able to warn you to test it out before you buy it! Hopefully mine was from a bad batch and therefore all the others come out perfectly fine.

Have you tried any of the other mini's from Max Factor? Any shades you'd recommend?

I absolutely love the collection as a whole, so many shades and such a good price at £3.99!

Though I'll be testing them out on my nails before I buy from now on...

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig