Friday 15 June 2012

Review: Bourjois Mineral Radiance Pressed Powder

I've written this post many times, and blogger seem to want to delete it.
So instead of attempting to remember what I wrote before, my review will be brief as I can't keep writing about the same product for the post to disappear!

Recently I've been using my Mac Pressed Powder which is awesome, but I've hit the pan so damn fast that I can't justify buying it all the time.
So the Mac remains in my make up bag for when I go out or when I feel like I'm having a crappy day and need cheering up...

For general day to day wear, I thought I'd try this, Bourjois Mineral Radiance Pressed Powder:


It's a third of the price of the Mac pressed powder and seems to be lasting 5 times longer!
This seems to be a very good random buy on my part, as I was at the end of my tether and bought the first pressed powder I saw haha.

This has a very strong floral powdery scent, which was a little weird to me
It reminds me of old people, which in itself isn't a bad thing, just surprising as I didn't expect it


It comes with a powder puff inside which I don't generally use when I apply my make up first thing, but keep there in case of emergencies when I'm out and about.
It also has a mirror inside, which I suppose is a standard thing.


This product isn't the same quality as the Mac pressed powder, but it isn't far off and for a third of the price it is definitely worth it.
It did last me a long time during the day but my skin is so oily that it needs to be repowdered throughout the day anyway, I've come to terms with this!

Their colour range is pretty good also, and although I wasn't sure which one to go for, when my skin has it's weird days of being super pale and then being a more human colour this powder seems to work.


I've also tested it out at the gym which I find is always a good test.
I applied it in the morning as usual and then in the afternoon after working in the lab went to the gym and it kept my make up in place even with all of the sweating.
(I know you're supposed to take your make up off when you gym but I just can't do it, I feel far too naked and my skin just isn't good enough)


So there we have it, if you love Mac but can't afford the price tag all the time, save it for special occasions and I'm sure this one will fulfill your needs in between :)

Have you tried any other pressed powders?
I couldn't really find many on the market so am interested to know!

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig