Tuesday 3 April 2012

Review: Soap and Glory Face Soap and Clarity

This product disappointed me from when I first saw it, after using scrub your nose in it previously, another facial product from soap and glory I worried this wouldn't live up to it. I really liked scrub your nose in it, it's more of a clay cleanser with mint in to leave your skin feeling really clean and fresh, I'm a fan of mint in skin products. Despite my initial concerns it had received such praise in the blogging world I decided to give it a go for 3 weeks so I could really see if I liked it and then carry on with it if I did.


It's a medium consistency clear blue gel with pink exfoliating beads in. First thing I noticed was the smell, there wasn't much of anything really, this disappointed me as I like scented products and have come to expect this from soap and glory.
You apply a grape sized amount to the skin and rub, this product doesn't lather as you can see and sort of glides over the skin, it does feel a very gentle cleanser and you can't really feel the pink beads exfoliating so it did make me wonder if they were.

So what did I think...... I hated it, within 4 days I was so spotty (I had seen a few others with this complaint) I decided it may be my skin getting used to a different cleanser so persevered for 3 weeks but I was just getting spottier so gave up. I was disappointed I didn't receive the great results others had. It left my skin feeling tight and craving moisture. I have oily skin so maybe it's not compatible with my skin type.

Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

Love M
xxx 



I was excited to try this out, a face soap with beads in sounds like a good way to get rid of the grime off your face.

Unfortunately even after a few days my skin broke out and I hated the consistency of the product on my skin. 
I rarely get spots and this product was awful to be honest.
I got rid of it and tried a different cleanser that cleared up my skin perfectly, which sorted out any doubts I might have had about it.

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig