Saturday 28 April 2012

Review: Kerastase Bain Satin 1 Shampoo

I had this for Christmas not 2011, but 2010....I feel super guilty about this!

It's not that I didn't want to use it....I just know it's not the cheapest on the planet so wanted to use it for occasions...which of course when it came down to it I never did use them!

So without further ado, on my quest for space and product freedom (as described in the Beauty Rehab series) I have been using this for the past few weeks:


Kerastase Bain Satin 1 shampoo is a Complete Nutrition Shampoo.

They claim: 'Each Bain Satin reference has been formulated with glucose, proteins and lipids to restore the nutritive balance of the hair fibre from root to tip and to protect it against the drying out process. The hair is left with lightness and more body at the same time. Hair feels soften with enhance shine.'

This product also won the In Style Beauty Awards 2010 in the Best Beauty Buy category.

I was excited to use this, and I was not disappointed.

They recommend that you wash your hair twice with this product, on the second time you're supposed to leave it on the hair for a few minutes for the goodness to sink in.

Think of this like a conditioning shampoo, it really works at gently cleaning your hair and leaves it thoroughly conditioned and shiny, without being too heavy.

It's a white shampoo, nothing out of the ordinary but does feel quite thick and luxurious when you apply it.



M commented on my hair the other day telling me how shiny it was, which is always a lush compliment to have!
I would definitely recommend this shampoo if you have dry/coloured hair, and would also say that greasy hair would be ok too as I have greasy hair and have not had a problem with it at all, even when I apply conditioner afterwards.

This has definitely been a pleasure to use and gets the thumbs up from me, as this was bought for me as a present I have no idea how much it costs but would buy it when the time comes and I have no shampoo left!

The only downside that I can see is that the product does contain SLS which I would personally choose to avoid, but you can't have everything!

Have you used Kerastase before? What do you think of their products? Any others that you'd recommend?

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig