Sunday 19 November 2017

Life Update


Happy Sunday morning!

I hope you've had a fabulous weekend, I've had a family oriented weekend with birthdays, mother/daughter time and catching up with friends. The last few weeks I've been travelling all over the place for work and trying to keep up with everything, so I've got a post to show you what I've been up to!


The last few weeks I've been trying to get back into reading. With everything else that has been going on I find it really difficult but I miss it. So my current aim is to read 1 book per month. I know I'm normally a fast reader and would read 2/3 a week so it's a big change for me but I want to enjoy it again!

I've just read Caraval after many tweets/posts/ reviews online and the cover is beautiful so it was intriguing. I'm not going to write a full review of this because there are so many but I enjoyed the concept of the book and the many possibilities. The idea that you can go to a world and escape to be whoever you want for a week is a very attractive idea but I did feel at times that it was a little too weird and confusing. Great twist though! I look forward to the second book Legendary coming out next year.

Life November 2017

One of my trips was to Gothenburg in Sweden, I've been here once before so I had a fair idea of the place but last time it was darker when I went. So with my few extra hours of daylight I managed to get out and see a bit more of the city!

Life November 2017

I wandered around one of the local parks and saw the Tragard Foreningen, including the rose gardens and the Palmhouse. This place was beautiful and had chandeliers inside! I'd have loved to go in but unfortunately it was closed for the evening. So instead I wandered around the gardens and took in the beautiful trees and leaves.

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

After this I walked towards the city to try and find somewhere to eat and walked passed some amazing florists. They had some beautiful bunches of flowers and I would have loved to fill my house with them!

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

The colours were beautiful!

I will be sharing a post with further details of the restaurants I went to as I couldn't find any posts on where to eat, so I thought I'd write this in a separate post to help anyone else travelling there.

My next trip was to Manchester, a place I haven't been to before.

Life November 2017

Luckily for me my hotel was right next to the Trafford Centre so I had this to wander around on the few days I was there for.

It's a huge shopping centre and contains so many different kinds of shops and restaurants, even a carousel which looked so beautiful all lit up.

One of the stores I wanted to see was the one with the roses that last for years. As a beauty and the beast fan these were so beautiful to me and I couldn't stop staring at how delicate they were!

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

Life November 2017


We have been so busy the last few weeks with many events and we've loved every minute of it!

We've been to The Potted Pig for some unbelievable food, the Lush Cardiff Christmas event, and also to Laguna Health Spa in Cardiff for a Body Wrap and also a ProFacial

Potted Pig Cardiff

Life November 2017

After this I made my way to Didcot for my final work trip (hopefully my last before Christmas!)

I stayed in the most beautiful little pub with rooms and everything was amazing. It's rare I stay in the same place and that the hotels are nice, so this was a treat!

I will be writing a post about it because it was that good, more people need to stay there. Look at the view from my window below, and the breakfast room:

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

Apart from that I've been going out for lots of autumn walks the last few weeks. It's my favourite time of year to see the leaves change colour and the cool crisp air is lovely to walk around in, especially when you have a four legged friend to share it with - mine is running around at the bottom of the trees in the picture below chasing non existent squirrels!

Life November 2017

As well as the walking I've been trying hard to get my diet back on track. I've been eating as much fruit and veg as possible when I haven't been travelling to keep up my vitamins and get as much variety in. We were also kindly sent some juices to try out from Savse, they are raw fruit juices containing fresh cold pressed fruit with no added sugar. These have been great for getting in an extra portion of fruit into my diet and the juices taste so amazing, I love the fresh orange juice which isn't something I'd normally go for!

Life November 2017

Life November 2017

I've also been making more and more veggie dishes, this one is roasted butternut squash filled with tri colour quinoa, red onion, mozzarella and pine nuts with a side salad and homemade guac. It was amazing and I can't wait to make it again with other fillings! It's so easy to roast the squash in this way and I can see it becoming a staple in my diet.


What have you been up to?? I've missed sharing photos from my life with you so I think I'll start it doing it more often.

What do you like reading about most?



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig