Wednesday 1 November 2017

Beauty Rehab


Hey all!

I've been writing these Beauty Rehab posts for a long long time now, even though I started them right at the beginning I still enjoy showing you what I've actually been using throughout the month and what I've finished. I'd like to say I am working through my stash but that would be wrong, my stash seems to have ballooned in recent months so I'm going to try and make more effort between now and Christmas!

Here's what I've used up recently:

Beauty Rehab



Collection Primed and Ready Pressed Powder: this was pretty good as far as powders go, I'd repurchase if they were cruelty free but not now.
Laura Mercier Silk Creme: I think I'd repurchase this, it is expensive but I did like how natural it looked. I didn't like how fast it oxidised though so not sure on this one
Urban Decay Primer Potion: love this, had this from a Naked Palette years ago and it has lasted ages!
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: obsessed with this, sad NARS have decided to change and not be cruelty free anymore....need to make a decision if I want to rebuy it

Beauty Rehab

Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara: Not a fan, massively overloaded my eyelashes even after I cleaned the brush many times
MUR Viper Mascara: this wasn't bad and I liked the brush, but it tended to fall down my face throughout the day so wasn't an option for me
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: still a love, need to find a cruelty free version of this too but buying until I find an affordable one
NYX Matte Liquid Liner: the best affordable liner on the market in my opinion, already bought another!

Beauty Rehab

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo: Love this stuff. After my acne a few years ago I still carry this everywhere just in case, its the only thing that worked
Elemis Shower Cream: a lovely treat but not something I could justify buying myself, it is very lovely though
Cath Kidston Rose and Peony Shower Gel: loved the smell of this! It was a gift so no idea how much they cost, I'd use it again though

Beauty Rehab

Rare Marula Shampoo and Conditioner: loved these! Was sad to use them up but you can't keep things forever can you... Lovely products and I'd buy them to use again (these were given to us to test out)
Soap and Glory Righteous Butter: This was a sad moment, it was the last of my body butters from S&G after years of having it as gifts for Christmas and birthdays but it was time to move on from the big Christmas sets! I still love the scent but feel a bit too grown up for it now
Zara Apple Juice Perfume: already halfway through my second bottle, it is now my permanent everyday perfume, its a winner! Always repurchasing!

Beauty Rehab

Origins Ginzing Scrub Cleanser: love this scent so much but this cleanser was nothing special so not worth the money
Origins Ginzing Moisturiser: still adore this, the texture is amazing and the scent makes me want to eat. I smile when I opened the jar! Not repurchasing as not cruelty free, hoping the Body Shop has an equivalent
Origins Modern Friction: love this, expensive but lasts so long and worth every penny! Again not repurchasing as not cruelty free.....they would make a lot of money from me if they were!
Kiehls Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion: adored this too, great base for makeup after using it but sadly not cruelty free as the price was pretty good as well

Beauty Rehab

Good Things Stay Clear cleanser: great cleanser, not the best at removing make up but I like it and would buy again
Paul Mitchell Ultra Colour Repair Shampoo and Conditioner: this was a good shampoo and conditioner but I have other favourites I would choose to repurchase
L'Occitane Shampoo and Conditioner: hated them. Felt awful on my hair and my hair felt like straw afterwards, can't believe they were this bad! Really disappointed.
Miss Patisserie Goji Facial cream: this was very heavy so I used it as a night cream, liked it but possibly too heavy so I'd like to try the oil instead

Beauty Rehab

Batiste XXL Dry Shampoo: so the XXL dry shampoo is horrible. I've had this can for ages and I'd never buy it again, compared with the standard dry shampoo this is a massive difference!
Garnier Ambre Solaire Tan Spray: love this stuff to help me with an even tan, especially reaching my back. Need to find a cruelty free option though
S&G Hand Food: used to love this but I was glad to finish the tube after having about 82 tubes in my lifetime!  Wouldn't repurchase at this point
Paul Mitchell Neon Sugar Rinse Shampoo: the scent of this is wonderful and it helps support anti-bullying charities, who wouldn't want the re-buy this??

Beauty Rehab

Lacura Renew Q10 Serum: this is a great every day serum, I like it but sometimes need more hydration than this gives but I'd rebuy this
Lacura Expert Intensive Beautifying Serum: this is more of an oil than a serum that I would expect. I have a lot of oils so wouldn't repurchase right now but the Lacura products are cruelty free and super affordable so I definitely will!
Lacura Expert Double Effect Eye Gel: really liked this too, it was quite cooling and I'd recommend trying it if you have sensitive eyes, does need some time to sink in
Lacura Hyaluronic Gel: loved this, sad it seemed to be limited edition but hopefully it comes back because I need it!!
Lacura Hyaluronic Accelerator: I tried to use these 2 products together as much as possible but double layers weren't ideal all the time, not sure I felt much benefit from using the two together


So there you have it - mammoth post of empties!

Do you see any favourites? Do you agree with my thoughts?


L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig