Sunday 5 November 2017

Cameo Club Cardiff


I'm sure you all know by now how much we love food, we are always trying out new restaurants, bars and street food events and never get bored of it! 

There are so many great places to try in Cardiff so there's always something new to test out, and recently me and my family went to Cameo on Wellfield road in Cardiff for a celebration and it was a great chance to try out their menu.



Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

We browsed the menu and there were a few things that stood out, so we all ordered different things so we could share - I mean isn't the best thing about going out for food anyway??



Cardiff Food - Cameo Club


Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

We shared starters which was potted pigeon, spiced apple chutney and toasted breads (shown below) and we also shared some assorted breads between us with some balsamic and olive oil (we ate this too fast for a photo...soz!)

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

The potted pigeon was interesting, it's not something I have ever heard of before but was like having pate on toast. The toast was great and the chutney was really tasty, I don't think the pigeon was for me but my dad really enjoyed it!

Moving onto the mains....

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

I had a fabulous pesto pasta, it was really amazing and I couldn't stop eating it. I did not want to share! It was hard to choose between this (which was on the specials menu) and the halloumi burger which is normally the winner but this was a great choice and I would recommend it.

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

My mum had the chicken burger and said it was great, the bun was full of real pieces of chicken and she couldn't actually eat it all. They did not scrimp on the meat in this one! The chips were also really good, I think they were triple cooked so you know they're going to be fluffy and crispy at the same time!

My dad and brother both had another special - I can't remember the full details but I remember they didn't want to share and cleared their plates pretty quickly! I believe this was duck with a red onion and apricot sauce and veg.

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club


Then we obviously ordered dessert because everyone knows dessert goes to the heart so it doesn't matter if you're full or not!

The star of the show was the pancakes, this was so tasty and we went for the banana, toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream. It's a classic combination but pancakes can be done pretty badly......but luckily this one was warm and fluffy and definitely filled the dessert gap!

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club


I was driving at the time but I also noticed there was another menu that I need to go back and try out - a dedicated Gin and Tonic menu...HELLO!!


I think I need to go back and sample more food, and more gin. But I really enjoyed the food we had there and I'd recommend it for a family meal and catch ups with friends. There was a variety of groups when we went including friends, families, couples and individuals on their own.

Plus I love the decor! Love the pictures!

Cardiff Food - Cameo Club

Have you been to the Cameo restaurant on Wellfield road? Would you have chosen the pesto pasta or the halloumi burger? It was such a hard choice!


L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig