Friday 3 March 2017

Celtic Manor Spa Weekend


Hey All

Before Christmas I was lucky enough to win a weekend break at The Celtic Manor with spa treatments. To say I was excited was an understatement and of course I took L with me. I've stayed in Coldra Court before (review here) but never the main resort so couldn't wait to see the difference.

We decided to book for the middle of January so we could relax after the Christmas rush. We headed down on Friday night after work to the resort.

We got settled into our room which had the most amazing marble bathroom! Of course we took selfies. The photos I took of the room didn't come out well and show it off to it's best. I think The Celtic Manor is a thing of preference with regards for decor, for me I love it, it's old fashioned but looks good and reminds me of the hotel I stayed in when I was in Disney.





Celtic Manor 2017


We headed down to get stuck in to dinner. I was a little dubious when I saw it was a buffet but I shouldn't have worried. When we went we dined in The Olive Tree restaurant for breakfast and dinner. It was italian themed and had everything you could want and more.

2017-03-01_07-04-52

For starters there was a bruchestta bar, a selection of cold meets and fish and an array of salads. For main course there was a pizza station, a variety of pasta dishes and a selection of other foods such a veal and steak.


Celtic Manor 2017

For dessert we both went big, there were too many amazing desserts not to have including lemon tart, tiramusu, pancotta, pannatone bread pudding and more!

We loved dinner and then enjoyed a few drinks before an early night relaxing in the room before treatments. We would have liked the option to have movie channels on the tv though. It did say a dvd was available to hire but no dvds were available at the time.


Celtic Manor 2017

Celtic Manor 2017

We woke up the next day to amazing views and headed down for an amazing breakfast! Again an amazing selection, hotel breakfasts are one of my favourite things due to the amazing variety.

Celtic Manor 2017
Celtic Manor 2017

Here there were fresh juices (including green), pastries (including crumpets), pancakes, full english, cereals and fresh fruit and yoghurt! 

2017-03-01_07-02-19

2017-03-01_07-03-59

Before our treatments we headed to the pool and sauna area. One of the things I love the most about The Celtic Manor spa area is the separate sauna, hot tub and steam room for women only. It was really quiet this day so L and I spent a lot of time chilling and gossiping here. We headed into the main pool area as it has the most amazing views and ceiling (you can see more photos of it here as we weren't allowed to take photos in the pool area).


Celtic Manor 2017

Celtic Manor 2017

Celtic Manor 2017

For our treatments we both had the signature facial. This was amazing, I was impressed from the minute I got in and being told my treatment bed was heated, it was a cold day so this was very welcome news. After a skin consultation the treatment began. I love the feeling after a facial and this didn't disappoint. My skin felt in great condition.


Celtic Manor 2017

Celtic Manor 2017

Lunch was included with our spa package so we headed to the cafe. Initially I thought on a spa day I'd like afternoon tea but after eating a large dinner and breakfast this was so welcomed. It felt so healthy. We had bento style boxes with coronation cauliflower, watermelon, egg salad, feta, pomegrante and quinoa salad and L went for salmon you can see above while I went for the vegetarian version which was also amazing. It also came with bread and veg sticks and frozen yoghurt and fruit!

It was perfect spa day food!

We left feeling so chilled out and pampered. It was such an amazing treat. We will definitely be going back. I've already told my parents they need to add it to their list as I know they'd love it.Celtic Manor do some great dinner, bed and breakfast deals and spa weekend deals. C and I did the dinner, bed and breakfast when we went to Coldra Court. 

Have you been to the Celtic Manor?

Love M

xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig