Sunday 5 March 2017

Whirlwind Trip: Barcelona!


Hey there!

I recently wrote a post about a general life update with lots of pictures (you can find it by clicking here) and I mentioned I went to Barcelona for a work trip. I give training as part of my job and the latest trip was to a place just outside of Barcelona.





It was a total of 4 days long but I only managed to make it into the centre of Barcelona one evening (it was a long walk and a long train by myself so I couldn't do it too often).

First off thought, the airport. As always I had a lovely wander through the duty free section!

Barcelona

Barcelona

Unfortunately I wasn't flying out of my favourite terminal so there wasn't any Urban Decay or NARS for me to get my hands on, so I behaved and didn't buy anything.

Instead I went to a restaurant for a huge breakfast because I'd been up since 5am to get to the airport in time.

I always think it's worth keeping the windows open during the flight and this was one of those times the view was outstanding!

Look at how beautiful the sky and sea look, so pretty! There's also a great view of Barcelona itself and the infamous diagonal roads cutting through what is otherwise a strict grid of streets.

Barcelona

Barcelona

The one evening I managed to make it into the centre I found somewhere I could have some authentic Spanish food: paella. It was amazing and cooked to order, it came out sizzling and tasted so good. I was so hungry by the time I'd travelled in I ate the entire thing, so so tasty and I'd recommend anyone to go and find somewhere that makes it!

After this I knew I needed to walk some of it off, so I walked from Las Ramblas all the way to the Sagrada Familia which took around 45 minutes.

Barcelona

Barcelona

On my way around there were so many beautiful buildings to look at and Gaudi clearly has a legacy on so many streets. I loved the door way below, it looks like bubbles and makes you fee like you're under water!

Barcelona

Barcelona

The main tourist attraction for Barcelona is the Sagrada Familia which is an absolute masterpiece that still happens to be in progress and has been since 1882 - who knows when it will be completed as there are still a few towers to go but it will be unlike anything else in the world, it is the definition of a masterpiece.

I got there late so couldn't go inside so just took a few photos outside. You can't really get good photos without being in the air as it's so tall but in a crowded area. I can't begin to explain how amazing it is and I wandered around with my mouth open!

I'd love to go inside as the windows are supposed to be stunning when lit up, you can see a picture below where some light from the inside was shining out:

Barcelona

Barcelona

The detail on the exterior is insane, so many little details that all meant something to the overall design. I can't wait to see it finished

My parents went recently and took some pictures, so I've copied them below for you to see how stunning it is!

Barcelona

Barcelona


Have you been to Barcelona? Have you seen the Sagrada Familia and the windows from inside?

Where else would you recommend in this city? Hopefully I can go again and see more!



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig