Saturday 11 January 2014

Beauty Rehab


Morning!

Hope you have a load of good plans for the weekend, when this goes live I will unfortunately be at work....boo hiss! But at least it's only for the morning and then my plan is to go hiking with my dad and dog up a local mountain, weather depending.

I've written quite a number of Beauty Rehab posts the past few years and I still enjoy writing them; essentially they're empties posts in order to try and encourage me to use up more of my products in  my stash.

Here's my first clear out for 2014, starting the year with a clean slate and hopefully a big increase on using up products from last year.

001

Cutex Polish Remover: I picked this up for my peeling nails hoping it wouldn't make them worse with all my nail painting; it was pretty good and they haven't got worse.
Coconut Creme Shower Gel: This was good, i like the smell of coconut but this was very sweet....it was like coconut sugar. Lasted forever though!
Origins Perfect World Cleanser: Just wrote a post on this last week, easy to use, no reactions at all and cleanses make up off, not very good at eye make up removal.
Aussie 3 min miracle: Another variety of the deep conditioning treatment, I will always love it for the effects and the price

004

Label M Shampoo: Smells sweet but lathered up easy and cleansed my hair without drying it.
Soap and Glory Pulp Friction: Amazing foaming scrub; love it especially on 3 for 2
Batiste: The best dry shampoo for price and quality, so many sizes and smells!

005

Avon polish: Supposed to help peeling but I don't think it worked so i used it as a top coat
Origins Starting Over Eye cream: Very moisturising and absorbs easily, thumbs up
Botanics Cleansing Balm: Loved this and would consider buying again...haven't used it in a while though and last time I looked it was mouldy!
Origins Brighter By Nature: Ready loaded cotton pads with enzymes on to remove dead skin like an exfoliating scrub would. Not sure how well they worked but they felt really nice to use, unfortunately they dried so quickly I couldn't even use them all.

009

Lavera Hand Cream: Organic and smells amazing, non greasy too
Clarins HydraQuench Cream: Love this, very hydrating but not too heavy
Nivea Hand Cream: Another hand bag essential, mini tubes are always helpful
Clarins Lotus Oil: Loved this too, would buy again in future. Smells like spa products

010

EOS Sphere: These are awesome and i used this until it went concave and I had to scrape it out...lush. Have quite a few left in my stash to use still from America!
Bourjois Volumizer mascara: Really liked the double wand idea, was good to have the option of one thin coat and maximising the volume in one mascara
Rimmel Stay Matte powder: Another fave, why pay more for pressed powder when this one is amazing for under a fiver!



Hope you enjoyed my quick run down, have you done your own empties post to start the year off fresh?

I've recently started another spending ban as I'm sure most bloggers will have after the Christmas sales. I cannot spend another penny on products and I'm aiming for my birthday at the end of March...but we will see how that goes!


L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig