Saturday 9 February 2013

Review: Dior DiorSkin Forever Foundation


I am not sure what has taken me so long to write this post as I bought this foundation before Christmas in the Boots 3 for 2 spend over £60 and get £10 of points offer thing.

I went crazy and got Coralista (review here), Origins Make A Difference Moisturiser (review coming soon!) and then this....Dior Skin Forever Foundation.

First up let's talk about the packaging:


What a beautiful white bag! I love the thick card that makes this bag and the gold and white ribbon tying it together looks amazing. So simple but chic.


When I got home I also found a load of samples in my bag!

Look at that haul! Perfumes, moisturisers and serums, how lush.


The blue box of the foundation was unexpected, I just assumed it would be black like everything else as this was my first Dior purchase.
But I quite like the navy blue colour and it's a little different from other brands yet still quite classic.

As you can see from the box I am colour 010, which is the lightest colour available.
This blends perfectly with my skin as I'm quite pale (NC15/20) but I feel they could go paler.



I took a photo of the blurb on the box for you to see.
I hadn't heard anything about Dior foundations if I'm honest and pretty much bought it on a whim.
One of the girls on the counter I've spoken to a few times was working and I needed to make my money up to £60 so I told her to sell me something haha.

I had no idea how much I was missing this from my life!



The bottle is beautiful (though really hard to not get finger prints all over!), I love the matte effect glass and the lid is quite chunky and feels nice and sturdy.


It also has SPF25 which is amazing for a foundation. Many have SPF 10 but don't normally have a high level like this.

I apply this like all my foundations, using my Real Techniques buffing brush and it goes on perfectly.
It's really easy to build up and cover certain areas but it doesn't feel cakey at all.

It has a semi matte finish which is perfect for me as I don't want it to be too matte but dewy foundations can make me look shiny.

In short I absolutely love it!




The photo on the left shows just the foundation, and on the right shows with Benefit's Coralista and Dallas.

What do you think of it? I think it covers well but doesn't look cakey.

For the time being, most other foundations have been completely forgotten about and I can see this is going to turn into an expensive habit of mine!


Also, I love how many sample items you get. I have always wanted to try out the Dior perfumes and some of their skin care has really good reviews.

I've been using the night cream for the past few nights and it's so thick and luxurious!

What do you think of Dior make up an foundations? Do you prefer high end or high street?

As my first high end foundation (exclusive of Mac) I can see how it costs extra and love the added benefits.

Also on a side note.....this foundations smells DIVINE!! It's so fruity and fresh smelling, not like some others...

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig