Friday 27 January 2012

NOTD, FOTD and Baking

This is a bit of everything post. On Tuesday it was my partners birthday so I decided to go all out (even though he doesn't like birthdays) I took the day of work so I could take my time getting all dolled up and cooking.

On Sunday I baked his cake (for peoples birthday I love to bake them a cake, I have two to make this weekend for my mum and brother) For my other halfs, he loves ice hockey so I went with making the Toronto Maple Leafs jersey. I got a square tin made a stencil and then cut it out from there. I was pleased with how it turned out, though it had caused me problems!




I decided to try something new on my nails. I recently purchased Andrea Fullerton powder puffs set. I got the gold and silver glitter with the clear nail polish. The glitter is in a tube you apply the clear varnish then squeeze the glitter over the nail. It's a little hard to control and messy but once you get used to it I think it would be something that could create really pretty nail effects.


I started with two coats of OPI cajun shrimp, then added the clear to my tips and puffed on the glitter to create a slight cascade effect. I like the finished product but found it hard started to chip by the end of the day and was awful by the next day. I'm not sure whether I didn't let the layers dry enough inbetween or whether it was something else. Here's the finished result.

Then on to the make up. I personally love false lashes, if I had the time I'd probably wear them most days. As I'm sure most of you do I usually turn to eylure. I recently tried the criss cross ones, I was originally dubious to how they would look on but they looked amazing and so volumised. I just used my bargain ebay lashes (50 pairs for £10 for this though as I wasn't leaving the house, they aren't the greatest quality and are a little stiff but I find they are comfortable to wear once on and a real bargain) I was wearing a tan dress so decided to do bronze eyeshadows a slick of black liner and keep everything else simple. I was going to do an OOTD but my camera doesn't have a timer.


I used the front cover set from last year for this, when I want to use a different colour I turn to this pallette as I find the colours are so pigmented and it has tutorials inside.


I really like these bronzey orange colours for when I want something a bit different and bolder.

Bit of a mix and match post but hope you like it.

M xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig