Tuesday 24 January 2012

101 things in 1001 days

This is my version of 101 things in 1001 days

You might recognise a few from M's list below (told you we were similar!) but hopefully this means were more likely to complete them, as we can do some of them together.
We didn't really want to post 2 such long posts so close together, but as we're starting on the same date they need to be uploaded!

I struggled to finish this list. Some things I've purposely kept vague, for example visiting 10 new countries or scuba diving. I haven't been specific as to where so that I'm more likely to complete them, which I feel for me is more the reason behind it. I don't need to be specific as completing them will have been enough in itself.


Here goes!...


Mission 101
1.       Visit 5 different areas in the UK I have never visited before
2.       Read 20 Classic books
3.       Take more photographs, which has basically evolved into completing Project 365
4.       To start a blog and continue writing it for the 1001 days at least
5.       Be a tourist in my own town for a day
6.       Try at least 10 new foods, whether that be a different fruit/veg or a whole meal
7.       Win a competition of some kind
8.       Visit 5 art galleries I haven’t been to before
9.       Visit 5 museums I haven’t been to before
10.   Buy a designer foundation e.g. Chanel (drool!)
11.   Buy a MAC lipstick
12.   Visit at least 10 new countries that I’ve never been to before
13.   Do a 5k run for charity (I hate running…)
14.   Watch 60 new films
15.   Go to a cocktail making class (though some would say I don’t need it..haaa!)
16.   Learn a language enough to be able to hold a lengthy conversation
17.   Learn basic first aid
18.   Give blood more regularly, aiming for at least twice a year
19.   Host a dinner party (this will no doubt be disastrous and something similar to Bridget Jones’s blue soup and marmalade dessert)
20.   Do a guest post for someone
21.   Go to a food festival (not the one in my hometown)
22.   Go to a proper festival (involving tents, wellies and copious wet wipes)
23.   Go to a festival in a foreign country
24.   Reach 100 followers on the blog
25.   Inspire somebody else to create this list
26.   Lose weight, not going to put a number on this as I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin
27.   Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (includes classes and swimming)
28.   Get some sort of science work published in a journal
29.   Reach £1000 by selling things on ebay
30.   Say yes to 100 things I would normally say no to
31.   Go to 5 new gigs
32.   Pay off my overdraft
33.   Go to a comedy show
34.   Learn to cook 10 new things
35.   Do at least 10 new outdoor things
36.   Spend New Year’s Eve at 2 different locations
37.   Go to a midnight showing of a film
38.   Go to a pole dancing class
39.   Successfully complete a painting or drawing of something
40.   Save a travelling fund
41.   Go whale watching
42.   See the Northern Lights
43.   Go SCUBA diving in the Great Barrier Reef
44.   Go to a National Park
45.   Learn to identify 20 star constellations
46.   Do 5 random acts of kindness
47.   Watch an eclipse (I can’t really remember watching it before!)
48.   Try 10 cocktails I’ve never tried before (going to be tough!)
49.   Go on a road trip
50.   Go to the ballet
51.   Go to a burlesque show
52.   Go to a film festival
53.   Go skiing
54.   Read 50 new books (separate to the classics, will probably follow this list from the bbc for inspiration! http://fashionabroad.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/bbc-book-list-challenge/ )
55.   Get a job related to my degree
56.   Give up alcohol for 1 month
57.   Do a weekend detox
58.   Learn how to surf
59.   Go on a boot camp weekend
60.   Take a short course in something new
61.   Learn how to play poker better than I can now
62.   Plough through using all of the beauty products I’ve bought over the past few years (this is embarrassing, I have literally 100s and no space for them all anymore. I refuse to throw them out and it will take some effort on my part to get through them so I feel its relevant!)
63.   Let a friend choose an outfit for me to buy and wear out somewhere
64.   Finish collecting the Classic Disney DVD’s for my collection (kid at heart!)
65.   Sleep on a beach
66.   Send someone flowers who is having a bad day
67.   Learn basic conversation in 6 languages
68.   Write 10 short stories
69.   Learn basic household DIY
70.   Learn basic things to fix on a car
71.   Catch a fish and eat it
72.   Learn a new word per week
73.   Graduate from uni with at least a merit (60%)
74.   Go all out on Halloween costumes for 2012 and 2013
75.   Teach someone something worthwhile
76.   Volunteer at least twice
77.   Go on a girls holiday
78.   Create a scrapbook of my favourite nights out
79.   Learn basic self defence (Sandra Bullock if you’re reading, S.I.N.G is only going to get me so far!)
80.   Take part in karaoke
81.   Go in a submarine
82.   Experience weightlessness in a controlled environment
83.   Ride a mechanical bull
84.   Go island hopping
85.   Go on a yacht (boat partayyyyy!)
86.   Have afternoon tea in a London hotel
87.   Go on safari
88.   Start doing yoga or pilates and attempt to do it at least once per week
89.   Make the most of Uni journal access whilst still available (geek!)
90.   Climb a mountain
91.   Go to a carnival
92.   Try a kettle bells class
93.   Sort out my finances so I don’t have a stupid number of accounts with random amounts of money in
94.   Go to an antiques market/fair
95.   Have a full on food fight!
96.   Visit 5 castles
97.   Have an old fashioned picnic
98.   Learn to walk properly in heels and wear them as often as possible
99.   Have a barbecue on the beach with marshmallows included
100.  Go fruit picking for the day
101.  Complete the following answers now, and aim to change them by the end of my 1001 days http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/

Hopefully I will complete it all, will strike through and put a date next to ones that are completed.
For things like Project 365 it will be ongoing

Hope you're inspired :)

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig