Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloween Nails



Hi guys!
Me and M are both so busy this year that there will be no Halloween parties for us....so we've decided instead to do a nail post inspired but some halloween essentials. Here's my design!

First off I used a No7 Stay Perfect nail polish in a black glittery colour (the name escapes me now sorry!):

Untitled

Then I used the infamous Max Factor's Fantasy Fire to add in an extra colour and make a swirly mystical background:

Untitled

Untitled

Lastly to add in an extra bit of 'magic' I used Nails Inc's Sloane Square to complete my base:

Untitled

After this it was time for some nail art with Model's Own pens in black, white and silver:

Untitled

From left to right I drew a ghost, spider and web, pumpkin face and bats above a graveyard.

Untitled

I couldn't leave my thumb out of the picture so I drew a skull and crossbones, which I think was my favourite!

Untitled


These were quite simple to do and I really enjoyed dabbling in some nail art again as it has been a while!

Hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial, send me some links to your Halloween nails too, I love seeing new designs!

L xxx


I've seen so many cute halloween faces on various nail art sites I decided I was going to do my own version of them. I used a variety of different polishes. I wish I'd had a more neon green and better orange for these so they stood out more.

Untitled

For the fine detail on them I either used my Models Own nail art pens in black and white or my Avon Nail Art tool. (which I'd highly recommend getting if you like doing you nails, it has a ball tool on one end and a detail brush on the other)

Untitled

My pumpkin was probably the simplest to do and my least favourite. I should have done a ghost. I struggled with the detail on my bride of Frankenstein. I couldn't get the lip detail well enough. Next time I'd just do red lips. I really like Dracula. He was super easy to do and requires few colours. I couldn't have bride of Frankenstein without Frankenstein himself. This was done using models own nail art pens. These made the nail art simple. My favourite of all is my little purple witch. I really think this one is cute. I used my nail art tool to do the hair and eye brows aswell as the gold on the hat and the models own nail art pen for the rest.

Untitled

I was overall pleased with how they came out. I think they'd be cute as a feature nail with the rest plain if you were going as one of the characters or if you are just feeling halloweeny (sure I just made up that word) over both hands.

Have you done halloween themed nails?

Love M

xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig