Friday 4 October 2013

MAC Desert Camouflage Full Face Kit


Hi all!

Hope you've got the Friday feeling...if not don't worry as there's plenty of time to get it and countdown your hours until you're free!

I had a bit of a spend in Cosmetics Company Outlet in Swindon a few weeks ago when me and M met up with the lovely Sasha from Ramblings of a Beauty Bird.

One item I picked up was MAC's Desert Camouflage Full Face Kit.

063

I'm not sure how long this kit has been out for, or when it was first released but as soon as I saw it I had to have it.

I loved the eyeshadows as it was, but the fact it was a full face kit meant it also contained a cremeblend blush which was a lovely addition to the palette and I was so excited to use it.

065

066

I loved the packaging as always, black, simplistic and very me. I always think that products like this are more expensive looking too.

068

So here are the eyeshadows for you to drool over like I did:

069

070

What a perfect combo!
For a day look I used the lighter colour for all over the lid, the bottom left for my crease and the black to line my eyes.
For an evening look I repeat this and also use the top right shadow to add a bit more a gold shimmer to the look.

071


073

The cremeblush is more of a cremebronzer in my opinion, but this is exactly what attracted me to it. It's so easy to blend and is the perfect colour to help sculpt your face for a softer but defined look..

The eyeshadow colours can be seen swatched on my arm below, the first is without flash and the second with:

074

075

These are mostly true to colour but the black is a lot pigmented when applying it with a brush so it looks a lot darker.
The cremeblush you can see on the back of my hand below, the second picture shows it blended:

077

078

This has been great for an easy look in the mornings, just takes a little blending and voila, beautiful cheekbones.

Here are the colours on the eye, (excuse my brows, this was pre-waxing!):

138

Above in the picture the lightest colour has been applied to the lid, and a small amount of gold applied to the centre.
Below left shows the darker shade applied to the crease and outer lid, and below right with the black shadow along the lash line.

151146

I absolutely love the look that the palette creates, the colours are great for day and evening and the neutral colours are flattering for everyone.

155

What do you think of the full face kit?

Do you like the neutral colours and cremeblush (bronzer)?

I do love a kit, and especially when they come from MAC!

L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig