Saturday 15 June 2013

Review: Dr Organic Lip Balms


Hiiiiiii all!

Today I will be talking about my new favourite lip balms.

Back a few months ago when me and M attended the Bristol Blogger meet we were lucky enough to get some Dr Organic products in our goodie bags.
This was the start of a beautiful friendship!

I have been using the other products so much that when I saw these lip balms on offer in Holland and Barrett  I couldn't resist.

Dr Organic are a relatively new brand to my ears but I love their ethics; organic, natural and bioactive ingredients, no use of animal products or harsh chemicals, preservatives, mineral oils, or GM ingredients and they do not test on animals.




There were a few different types available but I chose the Manuka Honey and Vitamin E balms as they are both supposed to be super moisturising and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Both balms are paraben and SLS free with no artificial colours, fragrances or harsh preservatives.

161160

They're also BioActive, moisturising, soothing and hydrating with both UVA and UVB SPF 15.

I very much like that they are all individually packaged and you know that nobody else has been dipping their fingers into it or spreading it over the back of their hands.

162

163

I also like that the packaging is colour coded, all the Vitamin E products are yellow and the Manuka Honey are in orange. There are plenty of other products available in their range including Aloe Vera, Pomegranate, Argan Oil, Lavender and Rose Otto.

After taking them out of the packaging the tubes are quite simple in design but really sturdy, something you need with lip balms knowing you're going to be throwing them into your bags.

166

So.....what did I think?

These balms are so hydrating they've worked perfectly. I've had trouble with my skin being dehydrated for the past year or so, and my lips have been cracking terribly.

Both these balms are really moisturising but not greasy at all. I like to be able to feel lip balm on my lips but not still be there a few hours later like Vaseline. These balms sink in quickly enough but also last long enough on your lips not to need reapplying all the time.


169

My lips haven't been cracked now in a good few weeks, largely down to these beauties!
They're so soft and have lasted me well, they're still both over half way and I use them multiple times per day.

When they are finished I will definitely be picking up some more!!
The Pomegranate and Rose range are both for anti-aging so I will be heading there, as well as the Coconut range as I'm partial to the smell of that!

170

I have really enjoyed using these products and can see me repurchasing regularly, as well as wanting to try out their other products too!

I've personally got my eye on their award winning Coconut Oil Moisture Melt and Pomegranate Eye Cream!

Have you tried Dr Organic products? Which is your favourite??

L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig