Sunday 5 May 2013

Spring Series: Make Up

This is the last in our Spring Series (you can see the rest of our posts here). Today is all about spring make up.

It's this time of your all my dark berry lipsticks get pushed to the back and my bright vibrant pinks start to make an appearance again. I absolutely love a bold lipstick and bright pinks are my favourite for the spring time.

Here are a few of my favourites

Also I start to load on the bronzer more in the hope to look more sun kissed. For me there is no better than Liz Earle Natural Glow Bronzer (review here). I start to use it for more than just contouring and start to add a bronzed look too my face.


I tend to apply more highlighter through Spring too. I crave that natural luminous glowy skin. I've previously raved about MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle (review here). It gives a soft sparkly highlight and blends effortlessly into the skin.


Lately I'm also loving MeMeMe Sunbeam. This is a cheap version of the Benefit product. I find this gives a soft highlight to the skin and is less sparkly. Perfect for day times.

During spring I usually like a slightly bright blush to match my now bright lips. This is where Sleek comes in. Hello amazing pigmentation. I love my Blush by 3 Palette in Lace (review here). I love all the colours in this and using the middle one means I don't need to highlight. The red shade looks gorgeous blended in and I surprised myself with how much I liked an orange blush.

Excuse the dodgy photos! I'm surprised how much my photos have improved over the time of the blog

I really want the sleek Pink Spirit palette now. Maybe that can be my treat after my new challenge.

Lastly base, this changes in the spring. I've also been a full foundation girl but that is definitely changing. During spring this year I'll be favouring No7 tinted moisturiser and my Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser.  If my skin does need a bit more I'll be reaching for Mac Studio Fix Fluid.

Untitled

I like my skin being able to breath more than with a foundation on. I really like both of these and will definitely be repurchasing the No7 one. I've not used the Laura Mercier one enough to comment yet but can't wait to more. I find both of these pretty good even on my Oily/Combination skin. For ages I was put off tinted moisturisers so I'm glad to have found these.

As for lips it's time to bring out all the bright colours, hello corals, pinks and oranges. Here are some of my favourites

Maybelline 10 h Tint Gloss Forever Fuchsia (review) Avon Perfect Kiss Berry Smooch (review) Kate Moss No 20 (review) Kate Moss Matte Collection Shade 110 (review) Mac Shine Supreme Fashion City, Mac Amplified Chatter Box (review) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Satins in Smitten and Rendezvous (review)
Untitled

Untitled

The Swatches are in Lipstick Order. 

Lastly I like to play with my eyeshadow on the weekend. When It's a bright day outside I love to play with my make up. I have a few brighter eyeshadows and I like to blend these through the crease and then smoke them out of use them under my bottom lashes to add a splash of bright colours. I do this with the colours from my Naked 2 palette making up the base and neutral shades!

Untitled

Untitled

Here are some of my favourites!!

What do you change during the spring months? Does your make up change to prepare for summer?

Love M

xxx


I am yet to find my perfect tinted moisturiser, I just can't seem to find one that it light enough but covers enough of my blemishes without making me oily and blotchy.
If you have any suggestions let me know!

I like using the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse as it's light and even though it has really good coverage I don't feel like it clogs up my skin.


After this I do also apply concealer to my undereyes and any blemishes I have. My current favourite for this is Benefit's Fake Up as my skin s still so dehydrated the additional moisturisation is necessary to help it blend. 
After setting with powder I then apply my favourites; Benefit's Dallas and Coralista which hopefully on a daily basis gives me definition and glow like this:


I love using Benefit's Brow Zings too, lots of love for Benefit in today's post!
M was kind enough to give me her spare Brow Zings kit and I've completely fallen in love with it. It's in light and even though my brows are pretty much black I think it looks better than dark might because of how pale my skin is, and I can't go without my brows being defined!

Depending on what I'm doing that day, I might apply some nude eyeshadow to define my eye shape by using  my Naked Basics palette or Theodora before applying eyeliner in a winged effect.


After that it's lashings of mascara and it's time to apply some bright lippy!

Normally pink is the perfect colour so I might wear Mac's Nicki Minaj lipstick (shown below) or Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar.


Otherwise my latest purchase Vegas Volt is also a really good red/orange colour that seems to go with everything!

Untitled

What are your favourite products for a Spring Make up look??


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig