Sunday 16 December 2012

Review: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Make Up

When M went to America she picked up both me and her a lot of make up from Revlon.

We'd both been lusting after their PhotoReady products and particularly the Airbrush foundation.

Make Up

Make Up

The thought of using a mousse intrigued us as I've never used one of these before and I don't think M had either.
Another thing we loved was that for the price you get loads of product, and assuming as its a mousse and not a liquid you should in fact use less and therefore save money, woo!

Make Up

With all this in mind I was really excited to try it out.

I was a little disappointed however as it had minimal coverage.
If you're a regular reader then you will know that I have a few skin issues, and for me a buildable foundation with medium/high coverage is pretty high on my list of products.

This foundation was not high coverage at all and barely covered any of my blemishes and scars.

Because of this, I don't think this is the foundation for me.

Make Up

You can see below how little a tiny squirt of foundation onto the back of my hand is, the lightest bit of pressure and this amount of product is released!

Make Up

Blended into my skin with a brush the foundation has a really nice finish.
I am hoping once my skin is a little better I will be able to get away with a foundation with less coverage.
I absolutely love the dewy look this foundation gives but was just disappointed with the coverage.
If I could get away with it I would certainly be wearing it!

Because I wasn't happy with the coverage I cannot comment on the longevity of the foundation as I didn't wear it in the end.
I know it's only a picture of my hand but seriously how good does the skin look?!
Fingers crossed I will be able to wear it soon!

What do you think of the PhotoReady collection? Do you like mousse foundations?

L xxx


Make Up

I was really excited to pick up this foundation as I was planning on it being my evening foundation as it contains no SPF. Which isn't ideal for daytime but perfect for nights out. L and I both spend a week tanning before we go out on the weekends (It's a good job we don't go out too often) and there if nothing worse than SPF in foundations causing that white flash back so your face doesn't match your body.

As L said the lightest touch disperses a nice blob size amount of foundation. I find this is enough to cover my face. The big mouse blob flattens on touch to a light air whipped mouse foundation. This is nothing like dream matte mouse for the record. This is light on the skin. 

It blends very easily into the skin and has a slight shimmer to it (not noticeable in anyway on the skin I just noticed it the first time I tried it in store) The foundation leaves my skin looking healthy. As L mentioned it's a light to medium coverage so concealer is necessary. This has been one I've been grabbing over my colourstay lately as I love the natural finish of this. I do find if I have a spot that's on it's way out it does draw attention to the dry skin.

I think this foundation would be best for normal skin but if you are combination or oily it works with a bit of setting powder (I always set my foundation). It lasts me for a day at work and still looks ok by the time I get home. You can see it's starting to wear off by then.

Overall I like this foundation but I think there are others on the market that leave a similar finish that are cheaper like Rimmel Wake me Up. For finish I'd say these two are comparable. I like the mouse though and would like to try more foundations in this formula. I'm hoping Revlon bring their colourstay whipped to the UK.

Have you tried Photoready Airbrush? For good skin days I think it's great for that light flawless finish.

Love M

xxx





SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig