Sunday 9 December 2012

Review: Collection Fix Me Up Spray

I was so excited when I opened a She Said Beauty box a few months back and found this little delight in there. Being an Oily/combination skin type a Make up Setting spray has been something that has interested me (and L who was equally eager to try it) for a while. I can't wear foundation without a bit of powder to set it or I'd just look like a shiny mess, but I've never been a fan of the powdered look. So a spray that reduces that was something I'd been meaning to try for a while.



There are so many of these type products around including the ever famous in blogsphere Caudalie Beauty Elixir and the Urban Decay up all night. For me it was just nothing I thought to spend my money on. Other more pretty make up appealed to me. Both these products have rave reviews and I will probably end up purchasing them at some point to compare. Especially as a quick google has bought up some reasonable prices for the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Escentual have the 30ml bottle for only £9.99 (here). Note to self order that soon!!

The Collection Spray comes in at £5.99 for 18ml which when compared with other sprays seems cheap but is in fact more expensive than the Urban Decay ones which are currently on offer in boots for £16.15 for 118ml. Even when not on offer they are still cheaper than collection ones at £19.00 for 118ml. Urban Decay also do 3 different types for different skin types.

The packaging is a simple black bottle with a black sticker and pink writing. I like the combination of black and pink together and the fact it's plastic means I don't have to worry about throwing my bag around. I'm not the most careful of people. The lid to protect the spray pump stays on securely until you lose it in the pit of lost lids (you know the same one that swallows socks) I lose the lids to all things cosmetics annoyingly.



Ignoring the price of the spray how did I find it. I like the spray and have bought a second bottle since receiving it in my box (prior to comparing prices of others). It says to use three sprays but I usually use four. I absolutely love this product some days. But other days I find you can see where is has been sprayed on my skin and leaves marks in my foundation. It has a fine ish spray to it but I think it could be finer to help leave a more even finish.



The days I've loved it (I switch up my foundation a lot so I think it probably just doesn't agree with some of them) it has removed the powder look. I don't think it makes my make up last better but it definitely gives it a better finish. More smooth and fresh looking. This product is quite scented. It does dry pretty quickly so you don't end up with a wet face.

The big question would I repurchase. Probably to just chuck in my bag and for nights out it's size makes it good, but for a use everyday product I think there is better I just need to test them out and find it. I'd like one that's better value and with a finer mist. I kind of feel like this is one of those products I've made myself think is perfect but I'm not sure it really does too much.

Do you use setting sprays? What are your thoughts on them? Any recommendations on ones to try?

Love M

xxx



Like M I'd never tried a setting spray before this one came along.
I heard it had come in the Beauty Box so was intrigued when M said it was pretty good and so I picked it up on a 3 for 2 deal from Superdrug a little while ago and road tested it when we went out for Halloween.

It has since become an everyday part of my make up routine as I find that it leaves my make up looking dewy and has helped with the lasting power.

I do agree though that when you compare costs with other more widely known setting sprays the difference is minimal and I would be so interested to see how they compare.
I found that the Collection one was a little bit 'dribbly' for want of a better word, it could do with being finer as sometimes I did end up with droplets on my face. They weren't big enough to make my make up run or anything, but a mist would be far better!

This is great for a first try of a setting spray and perfect for throwing in your handbag for touch ups at work as the bottle is handbag sized.

I will be picking up the Urban Decay one though for comparison purposes!
What are your thoughts on setting sprays?

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig