Sunday 3 September 2017

Kat Von D arrives in Cardiff


Hey all!

If you're a fellow Cardiffian and a make up fan you will have been pleased to find out that Kat Von D has FINALLY arrived in our Debenhams store. We are both fans of Kat Von D and although M has the Shade and Light palette (review here) neither of us have tried any of her other well known products because we needed to be colour matched. We've also mentioned over the last few months how both of us are now only purchasing cruelty free make up, and Kat Von D has one of the best ranges of products that aren't tested on animals.

So when we heard about their blogger event we HAD to go!



On arrival we were taken straight through a full make up routine, there were a number staff available giving a different section of the look plus additional staff adding extra info in between, It was great to meet each of them individually and hear from them, they seem a great team and I have met a fair few of them from working on previous counters so I know their skills.

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Whilst they talked us through each of the products they were using and gave us tips on their best use, we also got to get hands on with a lot of the products. It was great for me personally as although I have seen and read about almost all of them I haven't seen them in person because there wasn't anywhere near Cardiff for me to do so, so this part was great.

Below is the Alchemist palette which is beautiful - if I didn't have a holiday in a week I might have been tempted to pick it up but I restrained myself!!!

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

One of the most interesting things was the eye make up, Aliese used the liquid lipsticks and a mascara brush to create the look on their model above. It's definitely not a day look and it's not for the faint heated but I loved it - it's totally KVD and I can imagine so many looks being created this way!

You can see a few of the liquid lipsticks in the image below with some swatches of them plus the Alchemist palette.

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

The stand itself is really well designed and has a lot of different sections. Personally I love the general design of the whole range and the branding, and the colours of the liquid lipsticks are so vibrant that she doesn't really need images of anything else!

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

We also got the chance to smell the perfumes, Saint and Sinner. Saint was definitely more me but I can imagine the Sinner scent also being popular. In fact I can see both of them flying off the shelves in the run up to Christmas

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

The whole range is put together really well and I did pick up the Lock It foundation and concealer. I've seen it around quite a lot and was intrigued to see what it was like, and my current one was running out.

If I didn't have a holiday to pay for I can imagine the Shade and Light palettes, a few liquid lipsticks and maybe even the Alchemist palette might have found their way into my basket! I can't wait to go back again and try a few more items in future.

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

Kat Von D Cardiff Event

My favourite feature? The throne! How cool is that!

Unfortunately I don't think it's a permanent feature but it would be amazing if it was.

Have you popped by the Kat Von D counter in Debenhams Cardiff yet??? Will you be dropping in to see the full range of cruelty free and vegan products?

What do you think about using liquid lipsticks on the eye for a new look?

Now that we are both only buying cruelty free make up we will likely be spending a lot more time there!


L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig