Wednesday 22 October 2014

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation

Hey All

Another product from my Space NK splurge. I do love having new make up and it's even better when it's even better than you thought.

Lately I've not been wearing as much foundation. Mainly I'm too lazy in the mornings and have been giving my skin a break. I still get oily though so like to use a powder.

Untitled

Untitled

After watching Estee from EssieButton's foundation routine I new I had to order this. Her make up always looks amazing. I took a gamble on shade and hoped for the best. Luckily it paid off. Tender Rose is perfect for my pale skin. I remembered watching a video before where Estee had mentioned the lightest shade was too pale for her.

Untitled

Untitled

Mineral powders aren't something I've dabbled in before so I wasn't sure what coverage to expect or how easily it would be to apply.

Untitled

The packaging spins round the cover the wholes so you don't waste product. Loose powders can get so messy so I was glad to see this feature! I've been using a buffing brush to apply it and it seems to give a great finish.

20141002_073948(0)

Bare skin with concealer. I have quite a red tone to my skin and it looks a bit patchy.

20141002_074301

20141002_075024

After the mineral powder. It blends flawlessly into my skin and looks so natural. I love that my freckles still show through (after spending ages trying to cover them for 'flawless' skin the other half has persuaded me I shouldn't cover them!) but my skin tone looks even.

20141002_080409

Blushes apply easily over it and I find my skin looks natural and not cakey. I stopped wearing foundation for ages as it kept coming off and looking awful in work. This doesn't last all day but seems to come off naturally. I do get shiny by about 4pm but it's nothing major!

I've also used this over holy grail foundation illamasqua skin base (Review here) and it sets my make up and helps it last better!

I'm so impressed and I've used it everyday since I got it! It even works for bus make up! 

Love M

xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig