Sunday 18 May 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil


Happy Sunday ladies!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend. We've got another double review for you today of a product we picked up a few weeks ago on the Easter weekend.

The Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer pencil is one that we'd never seen before the event that we attended but we both instantly decided, along with Nina from The Little Nomad that we all needed it and we cleared out the counter!

032

We all got colour matched and were all the same colour 'CIA'. It was super lucky that they had exactly 3 left as it is such a popular shade. There are 10 shades available and the pencils cost £12 for 3.5g of product.

033

034

This product is perfect to cover up red area, blotches, blemishes, under eye bags and also to highlight areas such as under the brow. It's creamy, long lasting and completely mess and fuss free. All you need to do is apply the product direct to your skin and then buff in with a brush of your choice.

The pencil dries to a semi matte finish and claims to be smudge free.

035

036


I really like pencil products like this, they're so easy to use and are pretty much a one-stop product to cover up so many kinds of flaws and imperfections making it fast and easy to use in the morning.

I've been using this pretty much all over my face. It's great in the mornings to apply on my under eye bags, spots and under my brows to highlight them. I do think that the colours in the range are great as even CIA might be too light for me sometimes. Its perfect to help cover up undereye bags which need that bit of extra lightness and opacity.

041

Below are two images of the concealer under my eyes, its such a massive difference to my usual black eyed look!

024044

Here it is with a looooooooad of black eye make up on the eye, still doesn't even look like a hint of a shadow underneath. I am so sold!

The only issue I've had with this so far is how fast the product is disappearing and how hard it can be to sharpen. You definitely need a large sharpener with a sharp blade to cut through the plastic. I've been combatting the usage problem by applying my usual Lasting Perfection concealer first which helps to cover most things and then i apply the 24/7 concealer onto my under eye area to help brighten it.

050

What do you think of the 24/7 Concealer Pencil? Do you rate its coverage and finish?

L xxx

Afternoon all.

As soon as I tested this out on the back of my hand I was totally sold and instantly told myself I had to have it. A girl always needs concealer right?!

As L said I think the past few weeks of sunshine have added a slight bit of colour to my face and I have found the shade a tad light now but I'm sure as soon as Autumn hits and I'm back to my ghostly white shade I'm going to be reaching for this.

The fact it's a pencil intrigued me. I've not had a concealer in pencil form before. I had the lipstick style ones but let's face it they were usually cheap, thick and cakey. I love how this melts onto the skin and when buffed in just cover. I do find for my under eyes I need to layer it a little. It doesn't look cakey though even when layered up.

I find the shade we picked also great to combat the redness I always have around my nose. 

I do like this concealer but I wouldn't say I love it. For me nothing beats my Nars but the Urban Decay one is almost half the price so I think this will be a repurchase for everyday where!

Have you tried it? What's your go to high end concealer?

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig