Wednesday 7 May 2014

Banana Protein Pancakes

Hey All

A double post from me today. L's being sharing some tasty healthy treats and tips lately so I thought I'd share one I did at the weekend. We are both pancake fans. I love american style fluffy pancakes covered in all sorts of treats. One weekend at L's after a night out we used some of her brothers protein pancake mix (post here) and they were amazing so I decided it was time to try and make the banana pancakes I've seen everywhere!

These literally need 2 ingredients though from L's recommendation I added a third. You need 1 ripe banana, 1 egg and I used one scoop of chocolate whey protein (you could use 1 tablespoon of oat flour - just grind oats in a food blender, or even normal flour). L had warned me the mixture was a little wet using just a banana and egg.

I was sceptical as to how good these would be as they are so basic. This weekend I decided to give them a go. They are the easiest thing to make too. All you need to do is mash up a banana (this is where having a ripe banana really helps, mine wasn't ripe enough, mashing was hard work so I used to my hands to mush it!).

Untitled

To the mashed up banana crack the egg and mix.

Untitled

Then add the scoop of protein powder, oat flour or normal flour. 

Untitled

Mix all the ingredients well and heat oil of choice in a fry pan over a medium heat. I used coconut oil (to my South Wales bloggers the health food shop in the arcade with Wally's sells it for a bargain £6.99 for 500g!).

Untitled

Untitled

When the oil of choice has melted add a scoop of pancake mix. I found using my 1/3 cup measure with this mixture got me three pancakes.

Untitled

I left then for about 90 seconds. You can see as the mixture starts to set. Flip over and leave for about 60 seconds and serve.

Untitled

Untitled

How quick and easy. They were so light, fluffy and tasty. I covered mine in peanut butter (in the same health food shop you can get 1kg of 100% peanuts peanut butter for £5.99!!) and a small amount of maple syrup. They can literally be topped with anything. I'd usually go for Greek yoghurt and berries!

Will be trying these as a healthy weekend treat. Let me know how you get on!

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig