Sunday 8 December 2013

OOTN: Christmas Celebration!


Morning!!

Last weekend me and M both went out for food and a few drinks to celebrate Christmas. We don't buy gifts for each other as we'd prefer to spend our money on a new dress and a night out on the cocktails.

This year was no exception and we managed to combine our festivities with the final of the Autumn internationals; Wales v Australia. As your typical welsh girl this was a standard thing for me, but M is only adopted welsh so it was a little harder for her to cheer on the 'wrong' team but she got into it!

We spent the match time in a local Wetherspoons eating your standard beer and a burger deal and joining the local oldies with their pints at the big screen. There were a few characters there and we had a good laugh with them.


Untitled


After this we went back to mine and gave ourselves an hour to change and touch up our hair and make up which was a little push but we just about managed it!
Untitled
We decided to both go for LBDs as we both had new ones in our wardrobe that we were desperate to wear!
You can see them both better in the picture below:

Untitled

I am wearing a black knee length dress from LK Bennett that I picked up from the outlet a little while ago. It was on sale and after trying it on there was no way I could leave it behind. It was an expensive random purchase but something that won't date for a long time and I plan on getting plenty of wear out of it!

M's dress is from River Island and has a gorgeous cut out detail in the centre just under the bra area.

This was such a change for us to go out so covered up, long dresses showing minimal skin was definitely a big change (we're normally more likely to be seen in micro shorts or body con dresses with legs and boobs on show....why not eh?!)

Untitled

I curled my hair as per usual but left the curls at the ends of the hair instead of all the way through. I wore my favourite Mac lipstick in Russian Red and teamed it with a smokey eye.

M also curled her lilac hair using a hot air brush to get root volume and a large curling wand on the ends. She wore a purple smokey eye her new MUA velvet lips in kooky reviewed on the blog this week.

UntitledUntitled

We both enjoyed multiple cocktails including one called Kentucky Jewel (pictured above) which was amazing, bourbon, triple sec and juice....yum!

I was surprised I didn't feel as rough as I thought I would on the Sunday as we both drank quite a bit....however I did do the cardinal sin of wearing my make up to bed!

Unbelievable!


I never do that, probably done it 4 times in my whole life now so I was quite annoyed and have been applying face masks and spot cream ever since to ensure I don't get a mountainous break out on my face, ugh! 

Untitled


What have you got planned with your friends this year for Christmas?

Will you be dressing up or keeping it casual?


We just couldn't resist an opportunity to dress ourselves up and do our hair and make up!

I didn't feel very festive when December struck as it felt too far away still...but now I cannot wait for Christmas to get here and am writing this whilst watching Home Alone - the ultimate Christmas kids film!


L and M xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig