Tuesday 17 December 2013

FOTD Purple and Green Eyes

As I'm getting ready for my date and was just thinking about what eye make up to do I remembered I had these photos that I haven't shared yet.

I love wearing coloured eyeshadows but sometimes they aren't the easiest for everyday where. I quite often where purples and greens during the day and especially favour my Avon quad in nocturnal which is no longer sold unfortunately. It contains a deep warm purple and dark green shade. Both which are matte.

Untitled

I love pairing the colours together and especially in winter time. As this is how I'm going to do my make up tonight I thought I'd share it now. I'm off to winter wonderland and wanted something pretty.

Untitled

I start this by applying a neutral lid shade all over. I like something with a small amount of shimmer and tend to reach for Mac Naked Lunch or from Naked 2 bootycall.

Untitled

Next I use a small brush to apply a dark purple shade into my outer v, crease and along the lash line. I blend it all and re apply till it's softly blended and the colour is strong enough.

Untitled

Under the lower lash line I apply a deep green colour. I use a pencil brush as I find it easiest to give a soft wash of colour without it ending up too thick.

Untitled

With this look I don't like to apply liner as I prefer the colours to be the main focus but I do like to use loads of mascara to get nice volumised lashes.

Untitled

A combination of Liz Earle bronzer and Benefit Dandelion blush is a must for me. As the eyes are coloured I pair this look with my Kate Moss for Rimmel 113 and some lip gloss. I think a simple nude lip works best with this type of look.

Untitled

Do you wear coloured eye shadows much?

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig