Wednesday 5 March 2014

Book Reviews

Morning All

After a late night last night at a gig I was not ready for my alarm this morning! Carrying on from my post I did a few weeks back on my current reads (here) I thought I'd do mini reveiws on them all now I've finished them. Finding a good book is a challenge so I'd love to know your current reads. I currently hooked on Game of Thrones and loving it but it isn't a light read.

As I said in my previous post I'm a huge James Patterson Fan and always seem to get through his books really quickly. He writes in short chapters which make it a perfect commuting book as it's easy to pick up and put down. Alex Cross, Run is from the Alex Cross series. I don't think you have to read his books in order as they fill you on in the back story but you do get a better understanding of the characters if you read from the beginning. 

In Alex Cross Run, Alex is drafted in to help out with a few murder cases and try to discover if there is a link between the cases and if there is are all the cases linked. While this is going on Alex is also dealing with issues at home that are causing him stress to deal with. As well as this Alex is being watched by someone and this develops well with the story line.

I love James Patterson. His books flow easily and I find I can't put them down. The book will keep you gripped and guessing through it to find the links. I don't want to give too much away but it's a great read.


The Fault in our Stars is a book I've wanted to read for ages. I've never read anything by John Green before but I think I'll be reading more from him now. This book is a tear jerker! I've never cried so much at a book. I got about 40% through it before thinking I don't understand why people were saying it's so sad. 

From the start of the book I was gripped and raced through it in 2 days. When I got to the end I didn't want it to end and wanted to know more. It was a book that really made you realise how lucky you are and I was totally hooked on the characters and found them easy to like and found myself wanting the best for them.

A very well written book and if you don't mind a book that'll make you cry it's a must read in my opinion!

The picture of Dorian Grey had me hooked for 50% then it was a battle. I am determined to read more classics and expand what I read. For me this is a book you really need to be able to sit down and read to enjoy. It's not a great one or dipping in and out of regularly. As it's an older book it is one you have to get your head into to enjoy the language. 

I read this knowing nothing of Dorian Grey and loved the twists that came along with the story. There were a few chapters in the middle I struggled with but after sitting down one Sunday to finish it I found myself enjoying the book again and I loved the ending!



Another James Patterson book. This is another book in a series. This follows the Women's Murder Club which follows a group of friends that all relate to the homicide side of things somehow. As with other James Patterson books it's full of short chapters (my favourite type) which make it perfect for reading on the go.

It's another book that can be picked up without reading the 11 books before as it does fill you in on who is who. The ladies all have there own battles in the book and problems to face and if you've read the others some big things happen to some of the characters!

I don't like to give away too much. But another great James Patterson book (I've never been disappointed by his reads) that kept me hooked and I couldn't put down!

As you can tell I've been busy lately. I'm totally hooked on reading at the moment and love having the enjoyment back!!

What have you been reading lately?

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig