Sunday 24 November 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Primer


When we went to a Cardiff meet a few weeks ago all of us went off shopping. Of course we had to go to Boots. I'd planned on not spending anything but after trying this out on my hand I just couldn't resist picking it up.

053

The Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matte is a lightweight primer which seems to just sink into the skin without leaving it feeling masked and heavy as I find a lot of mattifying primers do.

It comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is my preferred type for foundation and primers. Glass bottles just feel more expensive to me. Annoying to travel but I'm not someone who goes abroad much so it's not a problem for me.

056

The primer is a nude colour and does feel as light as a serum. I love that this leaves the skin matte without feeling like silicon. It seems to smooth onto my skin and sink in. I've found it really helps my foundation stay oil free but I don't think it makes it last any longer. I am currently having a love hate with all my foundations and lasting power at the moment.

It is smaller than most other primers as it's only 15ml. It retails for £10.99 but I picked it up for £6.99. Due to size I wouldn't pick it up when not on offer. Luckily 3 for 2 is usually on in boots so I'll be repurchasing when this is on.

Would you be put off by size? Porefessional is another small size primer.

Love M

xxx

057

Having tried this on the back of my hand, I was super excited for this primer as like m mentioned above, I'm also having a love hate relationship with my base products at the moment.
My skin is finally under control (mostly) but make up wise I just cannot win.

I still get shine so I need powder and mattifying products but my skin is so much more dehydrated now that I need products that aren't going to clump and cake on my face. Sigh.

Packaging wise, i like the thin glass bottle and the sturdy pump that dispenses a nice small amount without wasting any product.

058

However the bottle is TINY when you realise there's only 15ml of product in there which is equivalent to a full size OPI polish. Although they are priced similarly at £10.99 for the primer, I just couldn't justify the price knowing that I'd use a decent amount of it every day.

059

060

This did apply nicely to my face and I found that I didn't need loads of product and I felt it mattified my skin and left it ready for my foundation to be applied.
After foundation application I felt my make up was 'stuck' to my face, mostly in a good way as it felt that it was going to stay on my face and last. However I didn't find that it did, on my cheeks and patches on my forehead my base clumped together in patches and my t-zone was still shiny.
I tried this with multiple types of foundations but unfortunately so far this has not been for me.

I'm intent on finding something that works with it to see if I do love it like others have, if you have any suggestions let me know?

Maybe I'd be better off with the other primer they've just released as there's also a Normal/Dry skin primer but as my skin isn't dry I'm not sure it's appropriate either?

Sigh!


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig