Tuesday 6 August 2013

Review: Benefit World Famous Neutrals Eyenessa's Sexiest Nudes Ever

On a recent shopping trip I ended up picking up this Benefit palette. I hadn't gone out with any intention of buying it and if I had to pick between the palettes I'd have probably gone for either of the other two over this as I'd have assumed the colours were more easily worn. I'm so pleased the Benefit MUA tried this kit out on me as I really love the colours in it and I'm glad I picked this one as I already have lots of browny nudes.

Untitled

As with lots of Benefit products it has a vintage feel to the packaging. I love this about Benefit branding. The palette comes in a cardboard packaging which is almost in a book style. It does seem to be holding up well in my make up bag and not looking tatty.

Untitled

The world famous neutrals kits contain 2 creaseless cream shadows and 4 longwear powder shadows. All the colours in the kit are designed to all work together. I love the variety of shadows you get in this kit.

Untitled

The palette opens up like a book almost and contains a mirror which is also handy for a palette to have. The creaseless creams come in pots which can be removed from the packaging. The eyeshadows can't be.

Untitled

The world famous neutrals set contain tips on how to use the shadows and where to place them for different looks. I do think this helps as I sometimes think getting a new palette can leave you overwhelmed on where to place different eyeshadows.

Untitled

The Sexiest nudes ever set contains Bikini-tini and Holy Smokes! creaseless creams, and milk it!, raincheck?, pause for applasuse and blingo! longwear shadows. All of the shadows in the kits can be bought separately. I was initially only going to pick up raincheck? but decided it was much better value to get the whole kit.  

Untitled
 milk it!, pause for applause, raincheck?, blingo!, bikini-tini and holy smokes!
with flash

Untitled
milk it!, pause for applause, raincheck?, blingo!, bikini-tini and holy smokes!
without flash

The small circle at the top of each swatch is the shadow over bikini-tini to show it over a base. The main swatches are without primer.

Milk it! is a creamy white longwear shadow with great pigmentation. It's not at all chalky and very smooth to apply. It has a soft shimmer to it and blends out well.

Pause for applause makes a great base colour. It's a soft pink shade that can be blended out well. It has a very soft formula and is a matte shade. This colour works best over one of the creaseless creams to get a more intense colour.

Raincheck? This colour is the reason I bought the kit. It's a plum shade with a hint of brown to it. It's got amazing pigmentation and look great blended out through the crease. This is a matte shade and with the rest of the shadows in this kit it's really soft. None of the shadows caused fall out for me.

Blingo! This is a colour I didn't expect to like but it really works well with the colours in the kit to add a touch of shimmer over the lid. I think this colour would look great over holy smokes for an easy night out look. Blingo is a really impressive silver glitter shadow. This has amazing pigmentation as you can see from the swatches which is with one swipe.

Bikini-tini This is a champagne colour creaseless cream. A brilliant everyday shade I can see me getting lots of wear from. The creaseless creams are a soft formula that blends onto the eyes and makes a great colour on it's own or can be used as a base to other shadows. These have really impressed me and really last all day without creasing.

Holy smokes! This is the other creaseless cream. It's a dark brown/grey shade and will be great base for smokey eyes or even blended out on the lids for an easy eye look.

I plan on using this kit for my make up when I'm a bridesmaid on saturday as my dress is purple. (ignore my brows they are now waxed )

I started by applying Bikini-tini all over the lid. I then put milk it! all over the lid to have a nude base. I then add raincheck? to my crease and blended it out. I kept repeating this until the intensity was what I wanted. lastly I added blingo! over my lid to add some sparkly and finished off with lashes and a flick of black liner.
Untitled

I've been so impressed with the quality of this kit. I want the other two now. I love how they last all day without creasing. The kits retail for £23.50.

Do you have any of the world famous neutrals?

Love M

xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig