Saturday 6 April 2013

NOTD: Essie's Tart Deco


Gooooooooood morning!!

Happy weekend to everyone!

I'm writing this on Friday night as when this post goes live I will be killing myself in the gym for the first time in a long time...Body Pump followed by Body Combat eek.
I've been swimming and doing my gym workout but have been away most weekends so have missed out on my weekend classes so am looking forward to it...sort of!

I bought this polish a few weeks ago when the sun was threatening to make an appearance and I was in a good mood for it.

This is Essie's Tart Deco:

001

It's a gorgeous coral coloured polish that can be applied in 2 coats.

I absolutely love this colour and it goes with any skin tone, I love wearing it whilst pale as a ghost and after a hefty few layers of tan.
It can also be worn on toes without fear of it making your feet look yellowing or purple as some others do when combined with my albino complexion.

002

I've been wearing it to work, shopping, for food, to a hen weekend, and out on a Saturday night and have been complimented on all occasions.
No really, every single time someone has told me it's a gorgeous colour and asked me what it is!

I would 100% recommend that you buy this as your 'easy go to Spring/Summer' shade as it's so easy to wear.

As if i needed to mention it......I also love the name! I love how Essie always call their polishes something interesting and Tart Deco is a cute play on words. I'm such a sucker for a name!

003

The only problem I did have with it was that it was very thick and therefore a little gloopy at times to apply.
This may just be my bottle and I have been unlucky, but having said all this you can see my nails above with two coats and it doesn't result in a streaky effect which it can do after one.
I found I just had to take my time and apply the generally expected two coats of polish to get the desired effect.

004

Also when topped with the Essie top coat (which is my current favourite since December!) it lasts such a long time.
I painted my nails on Friday and had it on until Wednesday night and that was after the gym a few times, work and nights out.


I am obviously a fan of Essie as you can tell by my ever expanding collection, but this colour was definitely a good purchase!
I was debating at the time getting another nude as I have Ballet Slippers but fancied a different shade, do you guys have any suggestions for one??
I was a bit overwhelmed at the stand!


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig