Monday 7 November 2016

Kiehl's Event - Cardiff


Morning!

Have you tried Kiehls? I've not tried a single product, so when we were invited to an event in the new Kiehls store in Cardiff I obviously couldn't say no.

I didn't know much about Kiehls as a brand but we were given an introductory chat which was really interesting, I had no idea how old Kiehls was nor how it started. Being a scientist I appreciate the fact it started as an apothecary waaaaaaaay back in 1851 and some of the developed products are still used to this day.

When they say the products have been 'expedition tested' they really mean it too - some of these products were used in trips to the top of Everest and in Greenland. They also help a range of charities including HIV/AIDs and local schools, plus they have a recycling program where you can return empty products for new ones by collecting stamps.




Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

The store itself is super shiny, full of amazing products and we were able to test and try them out over the night.

One of the main displays in the store was their limited edition Christmas range:

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

The Christmas range is some of their most popular products repackaged with animation work from Jeremyville, an animation artist from Brooklyn.

I love the lids for the Creme de Corps with the holly and the stars, Christmassy but not obvious choices. I also love the baubles on the gift bags!

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Throughout the evening we each had a chat with one of the staff about our skin type and current skincare routines.

My skin is definitely combination and I knew it would be, but they also tested and proved this in store. Even though I had redone my make up in between work and the event my skin still showed up oily as shown by the tabs below. These were simply pressed onto my forehead and cheek areas and you can see that my cheeks were in the 'normal' range and the one below matches with the oily range. Normally by the end of the day I have a shiny t-zone that needs a whole lot more than just powdering!

From this I was recommended the Ultra Facial Oil Free moisturiser, so I picked one up to give it a go and see if it helps. It would be so great if it does!

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

As well as this they also used another tool (not a clue what it's called!) to measure how hydrated my skin is. They recommend that skin should be 40% or above but mine was 21%, clearly my skin needs some work in this area too!

For this I was recommended the Daily Reviving Concentrate, a dry oil to be used in the morning with moisturiser so I was pretty set with my choices from this and happy to give them a whirl, especially now that the weather is getting colder and it's getting harder to keep my skin happy.

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Whilst there we were treated to champagne, macaroons and some food from Bar Burrito including mini burritos and nachos with various strength salsa.

They also had a lovely arrangement of chocolate gift sets from the Chocolate Workshop, where chocolate is set in various shapes and painted different colours. I think the set with the lipstick and camera will be a winner don't you??

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

All in all it was a lovely evening and I really enjoyed getting to know more about Kiehls and the products.

I picked up a few new things to try so am really looking forward to testing them out and seeing the results, especially knowing the state of my skin at the moment!

I also couldn't believe my luck - I won the raffle prize!

I'm not the kind of person that wins anything, and I've had a really bad couple of months where lots of things have gone wrong but this was a lovely surprise and I couldn't believe it.

Inside was a full size Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, Midnight Recovery concentrate and Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment - all of which I had my eye on but didn't purchase. You can guarantee there will be reviews of all of these very shortly!

Untitled

Untitled

Kiehl's Event Cardiff

Have you tried any products from Kiehls? Do you have any favourites? What's on your wishlist?

Let me know!


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig