Thursday 5 April 2018

The Body Shop Vitamin C Range


If you know anything about us you'll know we're skincare addicts - we've been huge fans of the Body Shop and love their products as well as everything they stand for.

A few months ago I decided to try a few things from a different range. I've heard lots of things about the Vitamin C range from various friends and bloggers including Caroline Hirons so I obviously picked up a few things on one of their offers!


I picked up one of their 'selection bags' where you can get a few products from a range at a discounted amount. It contained a face wash, face scrub, moisturiser and primer so I thought it was a good variety to try and they're all products I use on a regular basis.

Let's start with the Daily Glow Cleansing Polish:

The Body Shop Vitamin C

This is a face wash combined with a scrub, it's a gel consistency so melts easily. I used this every morning whilst I had it and it was really gentle on your skin. The first thing I noticed about it on every use was the smell, it's amazingly citrusy and exactly what I need to get me up in the morning. I used it up pretty quickly, not sure if this was because of the gel texture or the amazing smell.

I can't find this online at the moment but I did see it in store so it must be available, it's on Amazon for £12.99.



Next up is the Glow Protect Lotion.

The Body Shop Vitamin C

I use this in the day as it's got SPF 30 both UVA and UVB so it's an easy 2 steps in one product. It does feel hydrating but I do think it feels greasy sometimes, I don't need any extra oil on my face and this sometimes doesn't help. But other times it's fine so it's just my skin on different days.

This one is £15 for 50ml so it's a pretty good price for this amount of product.


Skin Reviver Instant Smoother

The Body Shop Vitamin C

If I'm honest I wasn't too sure what this was, but I wanted the other 3 products so this was an added bonus. It took some time to love but I actually use this every day now as a primer, it again smells fantastic and my skin feels much smoother with it on.

It's supposed to help with brightening and contains light reflective particles, I really like it and it helps to keep my make up on longer too. It is a little pricier than the other products in the selection and costs £17 for 30ml but this is an interesting product!

The Body Shop Vitamin C

The last product is the Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion, and I particularly wanted to try this to see if it could be used as a replacement for another products that has been my favourite for years but isn't cruelty free.

The Body Shop Vitamin C

This scrub contains micro particles made from crushed garnet stones and they're so finely ground they feel like a powder. It's still a scrub but it's much finer and so doesn't feel abrasive on your skin at all. My skin feels much smoother and is comparable to the product I'd like to replace so it's an easy swap for me with these factors considered but also because of the price.

This costs £18 for 100ml, is a great scrub, not abrasive in any way, is cruelty free and doesn't contain any of the micro beads that are so bad for the environment!


All in all the range is a win for me, it's my favourite scent so i might be slightly biased but apart from that I wasn't sure what I was going to think. I'd repurchase them all but I'd like to try the Glow Boosting Moisturiser in the range instead of the lotion as this might be a better fit for my skin.


Have you tried the Vitamin C range? What was your favourite product?

What's your favourite range from the Body Shop? The moisturiser is next on my list once I've used up a few more products!



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig