Saturday 16 July 2016

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in 12


Happy weekend!

I'm looking forward to catching up with some friends this weekend and getting out for some walks, hopefully the weather will get better too....

Today's review is about the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks, I don't think I've ever tried anything from YSL really but definitely not their lipsticks. This was given to me as a birthday gift and I absolutely adore it!

Untitled

Untitled

The colour is called '12' which is a little boring in my opinion, a name is always much more fun and more relatable, but that's just me.
Edit: I've looked it up to see the cost and actually it does have a name! Corail Incandescant, which is pretty accurate I would say.

The packaging is pretty special I think, who doesn't love some expensive looking gold casing and I like the fact you can see the lipstick colour without opening it up too. It's also a lot easier to find in your handbag than a MAC or Illamasqua one because the gold reflects off everything!


2016-05-15 10.41.20

2016-05-15 10.41.02

The Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks contain 6 essential oils, anti-oxidants, emollients and hyaluronic acid to ensure serious hydration and conditioning whilst wearing the chosen lip colour.

I've found this is so easy to apply and the hydration is amazing, there was no flaking whatsoever. The colour payoff is pretty good and it fades to a sort of stain after a few hours too, I personally just keep reapplying! Reapplication isn't a problem when the lipstick is this hydrating and easy to use, as long as you use a lip pencil to start it should be fine all day.

2016-05-15 10.41.34

2016-05-27 20.56.26

I really love the colour, it's enough to show that you have a lipstick on but not too much that it's a statement. I've been wearing it literally everywhere from family lunches, festivals, hen weekends and evenings at the pub.

For £26 it is a luxury item, I would never have spent this much on a lipstick but having said that I also think it is worth every penny!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for some money heading my way so I can buy a few more, the colour range is great and I'd love to have a nude, a red and a pink to add to the collection.

What do you think of the Rouge Volupte lipsticks? What's your favourite colour?



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig