Monday 22 September 2014

Review: Bleach London Bruised Violet and Washed Up Mermaid

Hey All

I'm a massive fan of coloured hair. I love to have my hair different colours and Bleach London are colours I've been aware of over the past year but never tried till now. (I love there white toner but that's a whole other blog post!)


My hair is currently pretty white blonde and has had all the colour lifted on it various times at Kamigata and had the amazing Aveda colours in (you can see a post on it here). Matthew who works his colour magic on my hair is leaving soon so I decided to grab my housemate and try colouring my own hair again. 

Untitled

Untitled

I actually did a strand test. Usually I don't bother but as I couldn't decide which colour to do (I also bought blullinni.

After the strand test I decided I loved bruised violet and washed up mermaid so after watching Matthew do a colour melt technique on my hair last time I decided to try doing that. Basically you need three tint brushes. One for each colour and a blending one. You add the top colour at the roots and the bottom colour to the tips leave about and inch in the middle and use the spare brush to mix excess colour from the two to blend in the middle. This helps avoid as harsh lines.

I did like that they were premixed as it makes application easier and means if you want to experiment with colour you don't have to use the whole bottle in one go!




As I can't see the back of my hair I explained to my housemate what I wanted and she kindly did it for me. After applying it to freshly washed damp hair I waited 20 minutes and rinsed. First thing I noticed were on a full head of colour both were darker than the stand tests.

Untitled

Untitled

Secondly it hasn't taken brilliantly in some places which is a bit disappointing. I had expected better results. But saying that I do love the shades and I can't wait to see how it fades. I'm hoping it's as pretty and even as Aveda colours!

But I do have to say my hair is feeling very soft and not at all dry!

Have you tried bleach london colours? Any tips or colour suggestions?

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig