Thursday 28 August 2014

OOTD: Oasis Maxi Dress


Hey there!

I'm not really one for an OOTD post. Mainly as I think my wardrobe is quite boring (I love tailoring, jeans and monochrome) but also because I just haven't ever really got my head around them.
I do really like clothes but this never really reflects in posts unless I have a haul and throw them all at you at once! so I've decided to start sharing with you some of my new buys.

This maxi dress from Oasis was my first ever maxi.....that might seem ridiculous to some of you as I know a lot of people live in them but as a tall lady I find it hard to find ones that fit me. This time though, I didn't care if it fitted or not as i loved it!


017

Considering that my wardrobe is full of monochrome this is basically the closest I'm going to get to a perfect maxi dress for me! It's cream and black, so not quite spot on but for spring and summer I think that's even better.

I absolutely love prints like this and find them so easy to wear; you can add any colour to it in the form of a blazer, cardigan, bag or flats and instantly jazz it up for a wedding or wear it the pub for a summer evening.

018

Another reason why I wasn't sure about them was the way they fit me. As a curvy girl i need things to pull me in at the waist and flatter me either side of that so the black belt that come with the dress was an absolute essential. It pulls me in at the waist and distracts from the lower belly which is possibly my most hated part!

The capped sleeves are a nice detail and the V neck draws your gaze upwards towards the chest area but luckily it isn't revealing either.

Here it is on in the changing rooms:

Untitled

It seems to skim over everything else perfectly and I was so pleased to finally find a maxi dress that i felt comfortable in.....now I know why everyone raves so much!!

It also *almost* fits me length wise too, it's the closest I've come to finding one that's long enough so I just bought it without thinking about it too much. It's about an inch or so too short which is a shame but as long as I stick with flats it will be fine.

Where do you get your maxi dresses from?

This one was about £40 from Oasis, I can't find it anywhere on their site or Debenhams and hadn't ever seen it there before. I think i was just very lucky to find it!


L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig