Sunday 6 April 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil and Revolution Lipstick*


Afternoon all!

We've got a joint review for you today. From our visit to Urban Decay's event a few weeks ago we were given a Revolution Lipstick and a 24/7 Lip Pencil both in the colour Native.

052

The Revolution Lipsticks are classed as 'Creamy, badass luxury' which sounds pretty awesome to begin with.
They are rich buttery lipsticks with the usual colour payoff you would expect from Urban Decay products.

The cool custom designed gunmetal outer case is very sturdy and looks really cool, giving you a badass looking lipstick. It's chunky, easy to find in your bag and unlikely to get scratched, battered and broken.

053

054

I love how they've got the UD logo stamped on the top of the case, it looks really cool and the font is pretty funky.

058

Native is a pale pink colour that would be perfect for day at work or night with smokey eyes.

The Pigment Infusion System which is unique to UD gives it 'super creamy texture, insane pigmentation and superior colour dispersion and extended wear'.
Maxi Lip defines and hydrates lips making them look plumper and fuller and they also contain a blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoas butter and shea butter to keep lips hydrated and soft.

059

063

The amount of lipstick in the tube is also pretty impressive, I can imagine as you only need one swipe of product each time this would last quite a while.

Any lipstick is best paired with its respective lip pencil, and obviously having matching lip pencils UD have solved this problem completely.

098

099

Native lip pencil is also a pale pink colour matches the lip stick identically.
The 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencils stay put through anything, defining your lip line and priming your lips for the colour to be applied on top.

They are long lasting, waterproof and creamy, never dragging along your lips.

100

102

Having the barrel of the pencil shaded the exact same colour as the product makes it super easy to find them in your make up bag and they don't half look pretty as well! Imagine the rainbow of reds and pinks you could have!


140

Do what do they look like when used together?

Below I have applied the lip pencil onto my lips and you can see that its a really creamy formula and provides the perfect base for a lipstick or gloss to be applied over the top.

IMG_5044

IMG_5053

The above picture has the Revolution lipstick in Native applied and you can see how creamy and hydrating this is with an amazing colour pay off. It lasted really well on the lips too and I had a few hours of the hydrating creamy finish before eating took most of it away but the colour still stayed on my lips.

The 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencils are £13 and are available in 16 colours, the Revolution Lipsticks are £15 and are available in 22 different colours.
Looking at the range I'd love to try some brighter ones for the summer, Streak is a gorgeous coral pink and Obsessed is a super girly bright baby pink and I'd love them!

Have you seen the new colour ranges? What do you think of lip pencils?


L xxx

Hey All

Hope you're having a great weekend. I'm just enjoying a post gym chill out. This weekend has flown by for me!

It's fair to say L and I both love Urban Decay but until we went to a recent product showcase I wouldn't have thought of Urban Decay for lip products. I wear one of my Naked palettes everyday and don't think I could be without them.

I love the gun metal and purple packaging of the lipstick and the metal means it's robust in my handbag. So far so good as well with the lid not coming off! Lipstick covered in bag fluff is something no one wants!

For me lately I'm more of a bright lipstick type of person so this colour is a little pale on me. I have been using it more this week though as after dying my hair pink some reds are hard to pull off.

Native offers a perfect nude pink shade. I do love this colour for date nights too as it doesn't look too over the top. As with all Urban Decay products the pigmentation is amazing. One swipe gives opaque creamy comfortable colour. It seems to melt onto the lips so doesn't drag.

Lip liners are definitely lacking in my collection so a nude one was much needed. I love that it matches the lipstick. I have also found it works with other nudes I have which is great. For everyday I don't wear lip liners. I just can't sacrifice that time in the morning. I do love the clean look it gives to a lipstick though and how much I can define my cupids bow when using it.

These two pair together amazingly and with all Urban Decay products have great pigmentation. I love pairing it with Beso Naked gloss to warm the tone up and give a full glossy finish. I can't wait to try more of the lipsticks now and I'm already eyeing up the amazing Venom!

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig