Wednesday 9 April 2014

Maybelline The Eraser Eye Perfect and Cover Concealer

Evening All

It's hump day finally! It's feeling like a long week for me. I'm just chilling out post gym and very achy already. I dread waking up in the morning for the pain.

A while back when boots had 3 for 2 on I needed to pick up a few bits. The third thing I wasn't sure what to get so when I saw the Eraser Eye Perfect and Cover concealer I decided to give it a try. I'd heard a few good reviews

Untitled

Untitled

I was intrigued by the instant anti-age claim as I was hoping this would help prevent under eye creasing. The concealer comes in 6 shades with different tones. Annoyingly my store only had 3 so I settled for the shade light which to be honest is too dark for me for a concealer and too yellow toned.

Untitled

Untitled

The applicator is a soft sponge. Which although it's not the most hygienic it is aimed for the aims so isn't going to be getting as much bacteria as concealer used on spots. I do find product is wasted a little though. 

Untitled


Untitled

One thing I really love about this concealer is how light it feels on the skin and how easy it is to blend in. It feels almost air whipped on the skin and not at all cakey but still provides great coverage.

Untitled

bare skin

Untitled

where I apply the concealer

Untitled

fully blended

Untitled

with full make up

I do think even though I prefer concealer to be a bit lighter (I should probably try fair) it does blend really well under the eyes and doesn't settle.

I can't put my finger on it but there is something I don't like about it. I think it's the yellow tone. As something that is targeted for under eyes to have yellow tone doesn't seem right as peach or pink is usually used for dark circles and to brighten but maybe that's my personal opinion.

I like this concealer but it won't be a repurchase for me. I find the applicator a little pointless, it's soft but I still have to use my finger to blend and it's just not as good as other concealers I have. It does crease on me after a few hours. I find most concealers do but as this is aimed to be instant anti-age it disappointed me.

If you are after a lightweight feeling concealer this may be one for you to try.

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig