Friday 19 July 2013

Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in Shockingly Coral


Happy Friday my lovelies!

I hope you've got the Friday feeling today, I certianly have as me and M are going out for some much needed cocktails tonight!!

As expected lipstick is priority number one for us - cosmetic wise that is, the clothes are obviously also important so let's not forget them too!

There's nothing better than turning a pretty dress into a wow outfit by applying yourself some bright lipstick to brighten everything up. Which is where this little beauty comes in!


015

I've seen these lipsticks in Boots a lot. However I was always in a rush and couldn't ever find what I was looking for so I'd never picked one up. In my lust for a new lipstick I snapped up one that had a jazzy name to my liking - Shockingly Coral - and hoped for the best.

It was in fact a GREAT rash decision and I have absolutely nothing but praise for the lipstick and my alter ego for making me buy it.

016

The Color Sensational Lip Color range uses pigment technology to ensure a super bright pout enriched with honey nectar for a creamy feel and comes in 24 shades. Which I absolutely never knew and will have to scout them out.

017

Look at that beautiful colour! It looks nice and creamy even from the bullet and luscious coral shade perfect for Spring and Summer.

018

On the hand however it does come out rather a lot more pink than the bullet suggests:

019

Being perfectly honest I didn't particularly care as the colour of the lipstick itself was just so nice and wearable for day, evening and wayyyyy into the night that I just fell in love with it!

Here it is on the lips with flash and without:

030

031

Isn't such a gorgeous shade??

I'm 100% in love with it, but i do have a bit of an annoyance with it.....if it's called Shockingly Coral, it probably needs to be Coral and not a pink. they are very distinct from each other and I feel like it's a silly mistake to make, sorry Maybelline!

The colour is beautiful, it feels super creamy and doesn't dry out lips fast than a hydrating lipstick and gives a good 5 hours wear before needing reapplication. 

What do you think of the Color Sensational range? Do you think it should be called a pink and not a coral? What other colours would you recommend?


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig