Thursday 5 April 2012

Jolie Box UK: March

I promised myself I was going to cancel my subscription to JolieBox as I didn't think last month's was anything special and it's an unnecessary extra coming out of my account (which is very empty!)

But basically I forgot to cancel it and before I knew it the money had come out of my account. 
When I found out this box was due to have all full size products in the box I was secretly pleased I'd forgotten and looked forward to receiving my box.

Having 4/5 full size samples is like a dream! I was really excited.

However, as with previous boxes mine didn't turn up after waiting the full week for it to appear and I had to chase after it, meaning I didn't receive mine until Saturday 31st by which time I'd seen the products in this months box on other people's blogs which ruins the surprise aspect and let me know what I'd be receiving whether I liked it or not.


This month's box also had the addition of a magazine called 'JolieMag' which in fact I really enjoyed.
It's good to see the people behind the box, their ideas, tips, tricks etc alongside the latest trends and wonder products with beautiful pictures and an explanation of how the magazine came to be, all of which I love reading and did enjoy.


As always the box came with a menu and an explanation of the products in the box.
I always like this, and I like the card that it's printed on as it feels good quality.
The only downside to this is that they don't give you the prices of the products inside, which I think everyone always likes to know so they can see if they're getting their monies worth!


This box contained a Yardley shower gel, Eyeko skinny eyeliner, LCN nail varnish, JolieBox UK compact mirror and Davines Organic moisturising balm.


The Yardley shower gel is a really big sample, I was pleased with the size of this. It smells pretty good and the packaging has the traditional British stamp of the Queen on it. After watching Mary's Bottom Line about British brands going bust, this is a good thing that I will be looking out for more often.

Yardley is well known and well respected brand and I've never tried anything from it, so this was nice.......but I'm always disappointed when I receive shower gels and body washes.

They don't feel so exciting as other products, although at least I know i will definitely be using it!


This product was a bit more exciting....an organic moisturising balm for skin and hair.

I've never heard of Davines before, I quite like the packaging design but mine looked like it had already been used because I'm assuming how it was stored previously has moulded the tube and it looks a bit bashed.


However the product was still sealed when I got it so this reassured me.
I like the consistency of this, the white balm feels like its really moisturising. It sort of feels like a primer in some ways.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this particularly as it has no parabens, silicons, PEG or artificial colours and is a multi use product.
I feel this will be the product that has its own full review coming up...



The next two products are the nail varnish and the mirror.

I feel the mirror is gimmicky and cheap, if it was an extra then it wouldn't be so bad but as one of the 5 products you receive this feels pointless to me which seems a bit harsh but I really have no use for it.


The nail varnish is by LCN, and is a beautiful shimmery nude.
I can see myself using this as long as the colour suits my skin, will definitely feature this in a post too!


Lastly the Eyeko Skinny eyeliner. I was excited and anxious to receive this, really wanted to try it but with 6 colours available I wasn't sure how much I'd use it if I got a colour that I wouldn't use.
But luckily for me I got a black eyeliner which I will definitely use and hopefully it's a step up on the Rimmel ones I normally buy as it's higher up on the price range (and for less product!).

Hope you enjoyed the post, I'm thinking of doing a few reviews on certain products but as a general overview I thought I'd just show you the products and my initial thoughts!

I've actually cancelled my subscription now, maybe I'll start it up again when I have a job but for now it's not worth the money and I don't have it to spare!


L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig