Friday 27 January 2012

Cocktail Hour!

Hello there! Happy Friday to you!!

I'm sure at the end of the week everybody likes to let their hair down, and I certainly like a good drink to help me along the way!

I realise this is quite an early cocktail hour but I'm far too excited about the weekend ahead to care! 

This week's cocktail recipe is the Bellini.

I'm quite a big fan of classic cocktails, and you can't go wrong with a cocktail invented in 1934 in Venice that was originally drunk by the like of Ernest Hemingway and Humphrey Bogart....Ooh err!

The recipe is relatively simple, it contains only a peach puree and sparkling wine, Prosecco being the Italian's first choice.


You can either buy peach puree, or make your own by peeling, chopping and de-stoning (does that word exist?!) your own peaches and whizz them in a food processor for a minute or so.

Preferably use a long glass such as a champagne flute for this drink, as you put the peach puree into the bottom of the glass, and SLOWLY top it up with the sparkling wine so that the end product looks a little like this:

Image from Jamie Oliver

There are many variations of the Bellini, you can add champagne as has become custom in New York and there are many other flavours such as strawberry, raspberry and chocolate!

It is also suggested that you chill the glasses first to keep the drinks as cold as possible, but if you're anything like me then the drinks won't last long enough ha!

I personally LOVE making my own cocktails and I cannot wait to make these this weekend if I can get my hands on some peach puree/peaches!

If not though, Funkin have an absolutely marvellous range of purees and ready made cocktails that you can save yourself the effort with

All you need to do is add the sparkling wine to these pouches and nobody will ever know you didn't make it yourself ;)


What's your favourite cocktail? Would you make your own puree or would you save yourself the time by buying it in?

Have a lush weekend!

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig